18) Realization

"Margo!" I hear Carmen shout, "Check the kitchen Tee."

"She is in here." Jody sighs, "She's ok!"

I look up from my book, peering at the group of teenagers huddled at the entrance of the living room. They all look tired, stressed, and horribly sweaty. Carmen and Tee look the worst, especially after carrying a load of bags.

"What is wrong with you?" Tee rolls her eyes, but she also seems quite relived.

I rise up from my slouching position, so I have a proper a view of all them. "What?" I ask casually.

"We have been searching for you for the past hour," Jody sighs in exhaustion. I frown in response.

"It is four thirty," Tyler prompts, "we were meant to meet by 3?"

"Oh," I say. With all the commotion with seeing Abigail again and thinking Ryan found out, I forgot about the others.

"Well, at least your safe now," Tyler adds, smiling at me.

"Safe!" Carmen cuts in, "now because of her we only have half an hour to get ready for..."

"Danny Finch's party," Sasha finishes off, who surprisingly stopped arguing with Bailey, "we have all heard about it."

"Ugh," Carmen moans, "come on Tee."

The pair of them both disappeared up the stairs, discussing what makeup they were going to wear with their new dresses. Jody and Tyler tell me they will be right back after they put their shopping back into their room. I nod half heartily before they follow Carmen and Tee.

Ryan, I suddenly thought. He wasn't there. I was meant to be his pair, they must have thought he was with me.

He's not here.

But why would I care? He's been causing annoyance ever since I got into care this time round. Maybe a few hours without him would be good.

"Bailey," I hear a northern accent say from the kitchen, "come on let's play some footy."

The hope within me dies out.

"Nah," Bailey replies, "I have to fix the Wi-Fi, because someone doesn't think I can." His stare was fixed on Sasha.

She lifts both of her hands in defence, "Just admit it Bailey," Sasha says, "you can't do it!"

"Maybe someone else should," Ryan mumbles under his breathe, intending no one else to hear. I look up at him, but surprisingly his dark pupils were already fixed on me.

"I told you not to go near it!" Mike shouts as he walks in, followed by two electricians. Everyone in the room turns their attention towards the adults.

For the next five minutes Mike lectured Bailey and Sasha on electrical equipment and following instructions.

"You could have both have seriously been hurt. And then what would happened?"

"Told him that I was right," Sasha scowls at him. Bailey shoves her in reply.

"It might be a laughing matter now, but you never know," Mike sighs, "I would normally ground you but..."

He was interrupted by the screaming of Floss and Harry squabbling as they ran in.

"It never stop with you lot, does it?" Mike sighs, as he puts his head in his hands.

With all the racket going on - Carmen and Tee joined in, moaning about the noise going on during their relaxation session – Mike forgot about the two adults standing behind him.

I stand up from the sofa, gather my book and clothes to change into after my bath, and face the men.

"Don't worry about the Wi-Fi," I say plainly, "it is already sorted."

They both frown and exchange expressions.

"Are you sure?" one of them says.

"Yep," I reply, "you can check yourself."

He gets out his phone, passes it to me and I type out the password. It took a few seconds to connect, but they both seemed happy with it.

"Well everything looks good," the other man frowns, still seeming complexed.

"I guess...we will be off," his colleague finishes off, as he ambles towards the front door.

I walk up the stairs after I let them out, ready to have a relaxing bath after the moaning and arguing has been beating my head.

The second floor landing was amazingly serene, mainly because of all the drama downstairs. I opened the door leading to the bathroom, hanging my clothes onto the racks. I ran the water.

I let my hair down whilst staring at the mirror, soothing some of the headache.

Harley loved my eyes. That was the first thing she told me when Raven introduced me to her. They were glowing with malevolence, almost alive, is what she said. Raven instructed me to ignore her when she is like this.

But for once I understood what she meant. My eyes where tremendously dark, not like normal brown eyes. It made me stand out.

And for once I realised that just because I left them doesn't mean that I can be considered normal teenager. I'm still taking advantage of people. I'm still manipulating everyone. I'm still in the wrong.

Even just now, I should have told everyone that I fixed it. But I didn't. Why? Because I wanted to cause stress. I wanted to cause a nuisance. I wanted everyone to hate me.

I take by shirt off to reveal my bare skin and my skin coloured bra. Harley also said she loved my body, which I knew for a fact was a lie; every boy she knew was chasing after her to be their girlfriend. But I couldn't criticize her when I was doing the same. I wouldn't let anyone in. Not Tyler or Jody or Kazima, not even Mike and Carrie. I just wanted to be by myself.

Why?

I don't even know.

I take the rest of my clothes off, turn the tap off and lay the clear hot water. Swimming in my own thoughts.

My dad was right. I had become the girl that no one gets.

Without warning the door opens.

A/N

FIRST OF ALL IF YOU THINKING THAT THIS IS THAT TYPE OF BOOK IT IS MOST DEFIANTLY NOT.

Ok now that we have got over and done with...sorry that this wasn't exactly the best chapters I have written, but I realised that I had a lot of loose ends I needed to tie up in this part.

Thanks to everyone who did comment and say that they were reading because it is good to know that my efforts aren't wasted :)

Also I woke up to find that I have 5k reads :D. Every time it goes up it makes me happier and happier!

So...comment what will happen next and don't forget to vote.

Love

K