~ T-W-E-L-V-E ~

~Sunday; 24th of November 2019~

~ P-E-T-E ~

My palms grew sweaty as I raised up my hand and knocked on the door. I really don't know why I was so nervous. Hurried footsteps were an immediate reply before the door swung open and a literal angel stood in my presence.

"H-Hey," I finally manage. I look Patrick up and down briefly, admiring how the clothing fit his body. I suddenly felt okay with my outfit Brendon helped me with; dark gray skinnys, a gray-blue t-shirt and my black not-so-real leather jacket. Combed up my hair a little to keep the spike up front and put a fedora on top.

"Hi." His voice was cheerful, matching his sparkling blue eyes. A light blush was already set on his cheeks as he stepped out and closed the door. He had a folded jacket in one hand, and a bag in the other. "Uh, don't mean to be rude, but can we go before my aunt gets home?"

I nod and lead him out to my dark Impala still running in the driveway. I opened his door for him, gently shutting it after he sat in the passenger seat. I shook my head and took a shaky breath before walking to the other side and getting in on the driver's side.

I let out a small sigh before pausing and glancing at the younger beside me. "In the bag, I'm assuming you got my message?"

He blinked and then nodded. "Sorry about not replying, it kind of flew off my mind..."

I shook my head and began backing the car out of the driveway. "No, all is well. We're gonna be in the car for an hour or so, there's a case of CDs behind my seat of you want."

He adjusted himself in the seat before reaching back and around, sitting back straight with the case in hand. He began flipping through music, humming a soft tune mostly to himself.

He suddenly gasped and put in a CD, skipping the first few tracks. Green Day's All the Time began to play through the speakers and I looked over at the boy in my passenger seat. He was no longer the quiet, more shy boy I first met, but he was dancing in his seat, playing an invisible drum set, eyes closed and just not having a care in the world.

It was hard keeping my eyes on the road, knowing the guy I had feelings for was just a foot away seeming as if he was having the time of his life. I smiled and finally locked my eyes on the road ahead. That is until he started singing.

My eyes widened and I just held my breath. His voice was so... powerful. I turned my head and watched him. From the way he hit the invisible drums to the tension and relaxation of his neck, I was just starstruck.

"Pete look at thE BLOODY ROAD!" Patrick's sudden shriek snapped me back into reality. I jerked the wheel and swerved back into our lane as we passed a big truck in the other. I could feel my face burning and my chest thundering. I gripped the wheel tightly, letting out a single shaky breath.

The rest of the ride was silent.

We eventually reached the destination with no more problems. Patrick's excitement seemed to radiate off his body as he looked out the windows.

"Where are we?" He turned to me, eyes sparkling.

"Grab your skates," was my only reply as I found a parking spot. I shut off the car and pulled the keys from the ignition, grabbing my own skates from the back seat. I met Patrick by the back of my car and hesitantly grabbed one of his hands. He smiled and intertwined our fingers as he let me drag him towards the gates.

I quickly pulled out forty dollars and slipped it to the lady waiting by the gates, hoping Patrick wouldn't flip at the amount per ticket. On my luck, he was too busy looking around at the frozen ground and the other people rushing around.