~ S-E-V-E-N ~ {II}

~ Thursday; 21st of May 2020 ~

~ P-E-T-E ~

"PETE!"

I looked up from my spot in the bleachers. Everyone was readying the gym for the Senior Graduation Ceremony. I had taken a break when everything finally sunk in about what today had meant.

"Hey Mikey," I waved as the lanky Sophomore-now-Junior climbed up the bleacher seats. He sat on the seat below me, propping up his legs and hugging his knees.

"What's up? You just kinda left everyone hanging," he took off his glasses and set them aside.

"Yeah, sorry about that," I let out a quiet sigh. "Just the thought of being a Senior, first of all. This will be my last year of school before going off to collage or wherever. And your brother and Frank, Kellin, Vic, Oliver and Andy B. This was their last year. That's like half of the best half of the team. I mean, I knew it was coming, I just didn't expect it to be so hard." I looked down at my hands once more, studying my muscular, callused, tan fingers.

"Hey man, I get it. Well, sorda. I had lots of friends in Jersey before Gee and I moved here. And then when our parents broke the ice, I didn't know what to do about anything anymore. I still keep in touch here and there, but it's just not the same. I'd do anything to see them again," he rested his chin on his knees, looking at me with curious brown eyes.

"There is someone I would so anything to see. I knew them for only two months and they stole my heart. And then one day right before Christmas, they had to leave. No just away or out of state, but across the ocean."

"Patrick." Mikey said softly. I raised my head a little. "That's what Gerard told me when you and Brendon suddenly took off from Northern's game. You were chasing a robber named Patrick."

I laughed lightly at Gerard's connection. "Yeah, Patrick is a robber alright. He took my heart, my love... my everything."

"Your virginity?"

"No."

"Well you said everyth-"

"I know what I said," I snorted, laughing harder. He began laughing as well. We were soon yelled at by the principal for loitering and not working, so we quieted down and ran down the bleachers to go help once more.

"Ya know Mikey," I began, looking briefly at the other.

"I'm not joining the hockey team."

"Damn," I dropped my head again.

* ~ *~ * - * ~* ~ *

As soon as the ceremony was over and caps were being located from the gymnasium floor, Gerard made his way over with his brother and Frank in tow.

"Hey Pete, I'm is hosting a party at my place, celebrating this and the beginning of summer. Wanna come?" Gerard smiled. "You two can come as well," he looked over at Brendon and Ryan.

"Sure!" Brendon agreed for the three of us. I held in a sigh, not really wanting to participate in a late night out. But being the guy I am, I smiled and nodded along.

"Great! See you there!" Gerard continued to walk on, but Mikey got out of his grasp and stood by my side.

"Hey Mikes!" Ryan waved at the youngest of us. Mikey smiled back.