~ E-I-G-H-T-E-E-N ~ {II}

~ Friday, 25th of December 2020 ~

~ P-E-T-E ~

It was no surprise for anyone that Patrick and I hadn't wanted to be separated for more than five minutes. And even though it killed me on the inside, I had managed to send him to the flat with Aaron, as the other two and I had been pretty wiped out from the flight and the exhilaration from the past few hours.

But now it was seven in the evening on Christmas Day and we were all gathered at Aaron's flat, sitting like one big family in the living room sharing stories. It was insane to hear about the few years that Aaron and Brendon had known each other, and even better to know that all those times Brendon was "meeting with his physical therapist", he was really just video messaging some guy in England, who just happened to be my future boyfriend's best friend.

Truly amazing at how small the world really is.

I was currently sitting on the floor in front of the couch with Patrick between my outstretched legs, while Brendon, Ryan, and Nick claimed the couch itself. Aaron was in His chair closest to the kitchen area, and Halsey and Melanie shared the love seat completing the semicircle of furniture.

Patrick shifted and I bit my lip, stifling any possible sounds. When he seized his movement, I snaked my arms fully around his waist and placed a quick kiss to the back of his neck. He made a sound almost like a mewl, which just caused him to bow his head and hide his face in his hands. A smirk pulled up on my lips as I returned my attention to the conversations.

"I didn't really know it was Patrick at the time, I mean, I'm like always curious and slightly perverted, it's just who I am," I looked up at Brendon, who was recalling the first time he found out who his neighbor was. "But I'm just sitting in my window like I do when I'm lonely, and happen to look up as this hot blonde guy is just stripping away like he was some famous pole dancer."

Everyone let out small laughs. Patrick lifted his head back up, giggling.

"You forgot the part where he caught you looking and you panicked, almost falling forward but your belt loop got stuck and sent you back flipping into the room," Ryan elbowed Brendon's side, causing the laughter becoming louder.

"Well, I, wasn't done," Brendon pursed his lips, neck and ears tinged red from embarrassment. He removed his arm from Ryan's waist and rubbed his side.

Patrick shifted again, purposely scooting as close to me as he could. I bit my inner cheek and let my forehead fall against his shoulder, closing my eyes. I heard someone whisper Patrick's name and he looked over, cheek pressing against the top of my head. It was quiet, besides the chatter of the other five people in the room. Patrick was really warm, and I could probably take a nap here and now.

My little blonde lover suddenly pulled away from me and all I could do was let him go while sticking out my bottom lip in a pout. "What'd I do wrong?"

Patrick smirked and shook his head, using a finger to signal for me to follow him before he disappeared down the small hallway nearby. I huffed and stood up, following him away from the other people and into a small bedroom, much like the one I would see in our Skype calls.

"Aaron said to 'stop being cute, little shits and to either leave the room or stop', and I know you would just make it a challenge," he answered my confusion.

I laughed and nodded. "Well, you're not wrong." I quietly shut the door, eyes wandering around, scanning the place.

He grinned and sat on the bed, eyes meeting mine before joy just falling from his face. It took me by surprise, his sudden mood change.

"I spent many hours in this bed crying about you. I'm pretty sure if you squeeze my pillow you may get a few glasses of tears," his voice was soft and throaty like he was trying not to cry more.

I step forward and turn around, leaning against the bed.

"I spent many nights, lying awake, replaying a brief two months in my head repeatedly, trying to understand how you could have made such an impact on my life," he crossed his legs and wrapped his hands under his ankles. "I also spent many afternoons, wondering how you felt about the situation, how you were doing. The calls and messages just weren't enough."

"I could be saying the same thing, you know," I lifted myself onto the bed, sitting in front of him. "Of course not this bedroom, but you were always in here," I tapped my head a few times. "I never..." I swallowed and reached out, taking his hands in my own. "If someone told me at the beginning of my Junior year, or any time before that, really, that my life would be flipped upside down and sideways because of some guy I knew for two months, I'd call them crazy. But obviously, they weren't."

He chuckled lightly, rubbing his small, soft thumbs over my larger calloused ones. I looked down at our hands, the contrast between them being like polar opposites. I switched my hand position to his were curled over mine, much like how the royalty were greeted so long ago. I raised them up and pressed a line of kisses along his knuckles. He began to giggle, and I took that moment to pull him forward and press our lips together.

It started out slow, with our foreheads resting against the others, noses rubbing together occasionally. We broke apart with just slightly swollen lips and barely laboured breathing. His blue eyes were brighter than yesterday, much more lively and swirling with emotions, although his pupils were quite dilated.

"Stop staring, you're making me nervous," he mumbled, but there was play in his tone.

"But baby," I took one of my hands and raised it up, running my knuckles softly over his cheek. "You're too beautiful for me to not."

His cheeks and ears flared red and he shook his head with a small smile. "I'd... argue with that, but I'd much rather lay down and share kisses with you."

I laughed gently and leaned forward, capturing his lips with mine once more. My hands made their way to his waist, pulling him forwards and into my lap. He gripped my shoulder with one hand, the other lightly playing with the hair on the back of my neck. I began to use more force in the kiss, just slightly biting at his bottom lip.

He made a small noise and pulled us over, our legs becoming tangled but not being a problem for either of us. I trailed away from his eager lips, mouthing my way down his jaw line. I got to his neck and paused, breathing over his pale skin.

"Are you sure, about anything that may happen?" I mutter, my lips brushing the edge of his throat.

He swallowed and lightly nodded. "Y-Yeah, I'm definitely sure."

*-*~*-*

My eyes fluttered open, but all I saw was darkness. I pushed myself up a bit and looked around, finally catching glimpse of a lowly glowing digital clock, showing 12:38 in deep red lights.

I blinked a few times and lowered myself back down, reaching an arm out. My fingers brushed warm, bare skin, feeling much like a shoulder. I rolled onto my side and trailed my hand down his body, finding his waist and wrapping my arm around. I pressed my own exposed body against his, entangling our legs and resting my nose in his soft hair.

"I love you," I whisper and close my eyes, tiredness washing over me.

"I love you too, Panda."