~ T-W-E-L-V-E ~ {II}

~ Monday; 13th of July 2020 ~

~ P-A-T-R-I-C-K ~

Father John was currently at work at this mid noon time. I had the house to myself, like most days I had been in London. I wasn't complaining, but it was odd not having noisy neighbors or a flatmate dancing around in the living room.

With the term 'loneliness' swirling within my thoughts, I agreed with myself to go visit Elisa and my parents.

I located my cardigan and little black fedora where I had left them the evening before, dressing up and leaving the house. I closed the front door and locked it with the spare key I had been lent, heading off across the suburban area.

There weren't many people out at this time of day, especially on a Monday. Most were ar work or summer schooling, or even vacation. But London was my vacation and there wasn't another way to see it. Father John had offered for me to move in with him, hence I can choose being eighteen now, to finish my last year of school and find a good college. But being me, I kindly declined. I know what I want to do.

I came across a small flower shop on my walk and decided to stop and use the five pounds I had in my pocket. My mother had always loved the soft peach roses that would bloom by our front door; kudos to my father and I replanting them every year something went wrong.

I walked through the locked open front glass door, the immediate scent of hundreds of flowers filling my nose.

"Hello sir, is there anything I can help you with?"

I pause and look to where the voice came, my own blue eyes meeting those of another.

"Well, I did come in here for a specific flower, so I suppose so," I slowly walked to the front desk, looking around at the bright and pastel colours. When I reached the desk, the man was smiling as if I was his first customer in months. "Would you happen to have any peach roses?"

"Peach roses? Ah, I believe so," he hurried  from around the desk and deeper into the store.

I was unsure of whether or not to follow him, but about the time I decided to, he was back with a bunch of the prettiest light coloured roses I had ever seen.

"How many? One? A dozen?" He handled the flowers delicately, looking up at me.

"Three. Just three."

"Three?" He commented, searching through the bundle and finding the best of the group. "What an odd number. What is it for, if I may ask?" He handed the three over to me, putting the rest in an empty bucket of water.

"One for each person special in my life," I lifted them to my nose, inhaling their unique sweet scent.

"Awe, well aren't you a kind person," he rang up the total of the three simple flowers. I handed him my money and he gave me back my change. "Have a good afternoon!"

"You too," I mumble and leave the shop.

As I walked, the occasional person would smile at me and the roses in my hand. I'd smile back, although they may have gotten the wrong idea.

Within moments I was at the front gate. I stepped through and the entire world seemed to change; the wind died down and the clouds grew whiter, the sky bluer, the sun brighter.