Admitting

Lunch was awkward between Sam and Gabriel the next morning, sitting at the table in a tension filled silence that scared even Bobby out of the room. Sam would glance occasionally at Gabriel, but he kept his eyes firmly on his plate, his heart aching as chewed on the food despite it feeling as if there was no flavor.

A notebook was pushed into his vision and Gabriel swallowed slowly before picking it up with shaking hands, looking down at the words. Why did you not tell me? Was written and Gabriel glanced up at Sam and sighed at the frown on his face, pointing at it before sighing and pushing his plate away, folding his arms on the table and resting his head on them.

"I hate when people look upset because of me." Gabriel mumbled, his throat scratching and making him cough a little bit, his hip stinging with the motion. Sam just stared, and it made Gabriel pull his head back up, returning his gaze to his lap. "I don't want others to feel the same pain I feel."

Sam was completely silent and didn't move for a moment, just watching Gabriel with an intense gaze. Then, he leaned forwards, pressing his lips gently against Gabriel's cheek, his hand finding Gabriel's and squeezing it in comfort. Gabriel froze in shock, unable to say anything as he just stared at their hands, watching Sam's thumb brush gently over his knuckles, and his walls came tumbling down.

His lip quivered as he tried to fight back the tears, but nothing could stop them as they slowly leaked from his eyes, sliding down his cheeks and making him cover his mouth with his free hand as the sobs began following. He leaned into Sam, feeling those warm arms encircle him, and began talking, driven by an unknown force to just let Sam know everything.

"It hurt...It hurt so much. I-I don't know how I could take the pain." Gabriel said, his sobs getting just a little bit louder as his fingers dug into Sam's shirt, holding tightly like he would drown without Sam there. "I tried so hard to hide it, and the scars..."

Gabriel cut off at that moment, looking down at the long t-shirt he was wearing. He always saw them as a dark and brooding thing, a thing that should be forever hidden from the world, and just the thought of them made his throat clench and his stomach twist with discomfort.

Sam slowly reached out with his hand, letting his fingers just barely grab Gabriel's sleeve and tug it gently upwards. Gabriel grabbed Sam's hand, feeling panic rush over him as he tried to hid the scars even though Sam had already seen them. Sam gave him a soft look, and Gabriel swallowed before slowly letting go of Sam's wrists, allowing him to pull up his sleeve.

Gabriel swallowed as he saw the scars slowly peek into view, lacing along his arms up and beyond the sleeve that rested at his elbow. Sam slowly turned Gabriel's arm this way and that, studying it carefully before he began to trace each scar gently with his fingertip, being gentle as he went along.

Eventually, Sam stopped, tapping the scars twice before pointing at Gabriel's chest, shaking his head. Gabriel frowned in confusion, and San purses his lips, turning back to the notebook and scribbling down what he wanted to say.

'They're not who you are.' Sam had written, smiling as Gabriel stared at the message before he began tearing up, sniffling a bit as Sam gently put his arm around his shoulder in a simple comfort.

"Thank you." Gabriel whimpered, rubbing at his eyes to be rid of the tears that covered his cheeks, and barely registering as Sam pulled him against his chest, kissing the top of his head and holding him close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. Sorry this is so short. I had to write this in my phone because I'm a youth group with my church >.< I hope you enjoy anyways!