Nightly Sneaks

Gabriel woke with a start as a soft click piercing the silence of his room. He shifted a little, a breath escaping his lips in a yawn as he drowsily pushed himself up, looking around. He saw nothing, and with a sigh, he started to lie back down, only to freeze when another click came from his window.

Slowly, he got out of his bed and crept towards the pane of glass, frowning as he pulled back the curtain and peered through the blinds. When he saw Sam standing just outside of the windows, his hands in his pockets, his eyes widened in surprise and he tore back the curtains, tugging up the blinds and opening the window.

"What are you doing here?" Gabriel whispered, looking down at the boy with confused eyes. Sam put his fingers to his lips and took a step back, pointing to the front of the house. Gabriel nodded and closed his window, putting everything back in place before sneaking out of his room and down the stairs, listening to make sure he heard his mom's soft snore before continuing downwards.

He cracked the front door open inch by inch, making sure to remain quiet until Sam managed to squeeze through the gap, closing it gently behind him. Together, they snuck back Gabriel's room, where Gabriel faced him with an arched eyebrow.

"What are you doing here?" Gabriel repeated, his voice soft and barely above a whisper. Sam only gave him a soft smile, taking his hand and tugging him gently farther into the room.

"C-come on." Sam said, his voice shaky as he led Gabriel to his bed. Gabriel didn't mind though, his mind too stuck on the fact on how beautiful Sam's voice actually was. It sounded warm and full of life. It sounded like home.

"Oh geez, Sam. We haven't even gone on a date yet." Gabriel said in a soft joke, bringing out a soft chuckle from Sam as he pushed Gabriel down on the bed, and then the Shirley felt his heart begin to pick up its pace.

"What are you doing?" Gabriel mumbled, his face slowly turning brighter and brighter red as Sam only gave him a warm smile, hugging him tightly before hovering over him.

"I l-li-ke yo-you." Sam whispered, rubbing his thumb over Gabriel's cheek gently. Gabriel looked up at him in shock, his heart feeling like it stopped for a moment.

"I like you too." Gabriel answered, a smile creeping up his face as he glanced at Sam's lips then back up to his eyes. Sam's smile widened and he leaned down, letting their lips press together, melding naturally as Gabriel kissed back.

Sam pulled away and kissing Gabriel's nose before sitting back, grabbing Gabriel's arm and pulling his arm up to his mouth, kissing the cuts on his arm slowly and one at a time. Gabriel's breath caught in his throat, and he watched with furrow brows as Sam kissed down his forearm, then moved to the next, kissing every scar he found.

Gabriel hadn't realized he was crying until Sam wiped the tears away from under his eyes, smiling at him gently. Gabriel couldn't help himself from lunging out with his arms, pulling Sam into a crushing hug and burying his face in Sam's chest, clutching onto his clothes tightly until he felt like they were going to rip from under his fingers.

"I thought I was going to help you be happy." Gabriel commented softly, taking in the smell of Sam, the scent that soothed his very soul. Sam only let out a soft hum, rolling over and pulling Gabriel with him so that they were lying on their sides, cuddled together.

"Y-you di-d." Sam whispered, letting his eyes close as they laid there. Minutes passed by, but Gabriel didn't even notice as he just listened to the beat of Sam's heart and the warmth coming from the boy. He found himself falling asleep, the promise of a good night echoing in his mind as the scent of Sam followed him even in his dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Gabriel woke up, he found himself alone in his bed. He sat up, looking around in worry, and frowning as he took in a deep death, shaking just a little at the cool air that surrounded him.

Was it....a dream? He wondered, letting his fingers touch the surface of his lips before standing, disappointment washing over him as he realized that's must have what happened.

A piece of paper on the desk caught his attention and he walked over to it, picking it up and looking at the writing on it. Sorry I had to leave. Ellen would freak if she found me gone. -Sam

Gabriel let himself smile, and his heart picked up in speed as he realized that it was no dream. He sat on the bed, looking around the room and thinking about what happened last night. He gelt a grin spreading on his face, a small shy giggle erupting through his lips as he grabbed his pillow and pulled it to his face, burying it in to hide his crazy grin.

He perked up as he realized he needed to get for school and more importantly, Sam. He got dressed at record time and ran to the bathroom to brush his teeth and comb his hair. He literally bounced down the stairs in excitement, walking in the kitchen and seeing his mother standing at the kitchen, sipping on what he hoped was water.

"You seem happy." His mother whispered, her voice stunted and tired. Gabriel nodded, his mood dampening a little bit, though not much. He knew that he deserved to be happy, and he wasn't going to let the past hold him back anymore, not when he had Sam guiding him.

"I just want to see Sam." Gabriel said, grabbing a glass from the cabinet and pouring himself some juice. He could feel his mother watching him as he drank, but only gave her a soft hug before setting his now empty glass on the counter before putting on his shoes and hurrying out the door.