Straight to the Dawn

So sorry I haven't updated in a while! It's been a hectic week or two, and I haven't got a break since I got out of school XP I graduated though yesterday, so I should have more time to write for you guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next month, Sam's voice grew stronger and stronger as his therapy continued. Gabriel could barely even hear a difference between Sam and anyone else after the first two weeks. Nevertheless, he spent most of his afternoons at Sam's house, helping him with his daily exercises and doing their homework together. At night, he would stay home and console his mother, who slowly got back to her normal self after the incident, and actually managed to start smiling again, which Gabriel was certainly thankful for.

Everything had been almost perfect until school let off for spring break, and Sam sat himself beside Gabriel as they waited for Bobby together.

"Do you want to go on a date?" Sam asked, staring straight ahead as his jaw clenched with nervousness. Gabriel looked over at him, his cheeks tinting red as he leaned over, resting his head on Sam's shoulder and linking their hands together.

"Of course." Gabriel mumbled, letting his thumb brush across Sam's hand as stared at their interlocked fingers. "Where do you want to go?"

"I was thinking of going to that diner near the fireworks store. Dean always told me how amazing it was there." Sam replied, a twinge of sadness mixing in with the contentment in his voice, but Gabriel looked over at him, he found nothing but a happy smile on the boy's face. Gabriel couldn't help but smile as well, reaching up and kissing Sam's cheek gently.

"Sounds good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gabriel bundled closer to Sam as they walked home from the diner, their stomachs full and laughter on their lips as trailed down the sidewalk, ignoring the lunch bustle of the town as they headed back to Bobby to play video games. As they finally got out of town, they turned onto the road that led to the secluded neighborhood, making Gabriel let out a content sigh as he nudged Sam gently with his shoulder and making him stumble just the smallest bit.

"What are we playing when we get to Bobby's?" Gabriel asked, a slight hum in his throat as he ignored the dirty look Sam gave him for almost making him fall.

"I was thinking of trying that new game that Bobby got me. It was called...um...Ocarina of Time?" Sam said wrinkling his nose as he tried to remember exactly what it was. Gabriel perked up, his eyes lighting up.

"He found a Zelda game?! Dude, why didn't you say so!" Gabriel said, grabbing Sam's hand and picking up his pace, dragging a laugh out of Sam as he walked faster. As they reached Bobby's house, Gabriel slowed down in confusion as he found Ellen standing at the edge of the driveway, her hand over her mouth as tears made tracks down his face. Sam's smile disappeared and became replaced by worry as he hurried over to her, his brows furrowed.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked, and Ellen let out a little sob, shaking her head and pulling Sam into a tight hug, running a hand through his hair as a smile broke across her face, her lips quivering as more tears fell.

"Sam...he's home." Ellen said, kissing Sam's forehead and pulling away, meeting Sam's eyes as they widened with realization of what she meant. He took off in a run towards the house, Gabriel following behind him with the feeling of a bit of panic taking over his chest.

Sam made it through the door only a few seconds before Gabriel did, but as he stumbled in, he froze as he saw a man in a military uniform standing in the living room, Bobby sitting on the couch in what looked like shock. 

"Dean?" Sam said as in he took in a deep and hesitant breath. Gabriel froze, his eyes darting between Sam and the man as he finally made the connection. Dean just let out a soft smile, a small chuckle echoing in his throat as he walked up to Sam, placing his hands on Sam's shoulders and squeezing them in greeting.

"Hey, Sammy." The man's deep voice rumbled through the house, his green eyes sparkling as Sam let out a soft shiver and sob, surging forwards and wrapping his arms tightly around Dean, burying his face in his chest as the tears began to fall.

"I thought you were d-dead." Sam said, a whimper leaving his lips as Dean hugged him back, that smile still permanent on his lips.

"I thought you didn't talk." Dean replied, pulling away and giving his brother a strong pat on the shoulder before finally turning his eyes to Gabriel, a look of curiosity crossing over his eyes, "Who's this?"

"I'm Gabriel, his boyfriend." Gabriel said, a bit of a defensive look in his eyes as he stepped forwards and Sam's hand in his. Dean's eyebrows shot up in surprise, glancing over at Sam.

"Really Sammy?" Dean asked, a bit of a resigned tone in his voice. Sam let out a scared nod, looking as nervous as Gabriel felt as Dean's gaze looked Gabriel over, anger washing over as the man let out a snort.

"Of all people..." Dean said, his eyes narrowing as he crossed his arms over his chest, "Sammy, I never would have imagined you picking someone so short."

Gabriel's mouth fell open as Sam squeaked out a distressed Dean, the soldier's mouth splitting into a grin as he let out a heartwarming laugh, shaking his head as he looked at the two of them. "I'm just kidding, but seriously, I'm happy for the both of you. How long have you been dating?" Dean asked, his position relaxed as Gabriel struggled to find his voice at this turn of events.

"Three months." Gabriel finally managed to get out before Dean let out a teasing aw, getting a gentle smack from Sam in return.

"I'm really glad to see you home." Sam finally said, his eyes seeming to hold his unshed tears as he gave Dean a sad smile. Dean gave in the same in return, and Gabriel hadn't really noticed how exhausted the man looked until then.

"Me too, Sammy. Me too." Dean replied, and Gabriel took that as a cue that they needed time to catch up, pecking Sam on the cheek and squeezing his hand before letting go.

"I'll give you time to catch up. See you tomorrow." Gabriel said with a warm smile, Sam giving him one in return before he left the room, giving Bobby a reassuring pat on the shoulder before he went, a content sigh leaving his lips as he stuffed his hands in pockets before leaving the house.

Now things were perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that's the end of Talk to Me ^^. I hope you enjoyed and maybe read some of the other books I have out!