Does This Smell Like Chloroform to You?

Before I start anything, I just want you guys to look at this picture that I found. I literally cannot with these fuckers and I speak the truth when I say I am in shipping hell XD this made me laugh so hard I made it into my background. Anyways, back to the story.

Oh, and on a different note, I am a terrible person as you might come to realize XD

AND OH MY FUCKING MOOSE THE IDEA FOR THE TRILOGY OF WHY ARE YOU HIDING YOUR WINGS HIT ME LIKE A TON OF BRICKS AND NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! I'M FREAKING OUT OVER HERE CAUSE I AM A FUCKING GENIUS XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The week passed by in a blur after Sam came to live with the Shirley's, and while the threat of his father's escape was very much there, it had lessened considerably, as did the stress on the family's mind. Gabriel couldn't really find himself complaining about it as he fished out his clothes for the school day. Sam was digging through the dresser drawer that Gabriel had given him when he first came. It warmed Gabriel's chest, and he hid his blush by pulling the shirt he had chosen to his face, pressing his lips together.

It wasn't until Sam had left the room after changing that Gabriel let the shirt fall from his face, chewing on his lower lip as he began pulling off his pajamas. It took him only a moment to get changed before he headed down to the kitchen, where Sam was sitting, waiting for him patiently so they could leave for school.

Gabriel smiled at him the best he could as he pushed the thrumming in his heart away, glancing down on the ground. "Let's go, Sammich." Gabriel said happily after a moment and pulled on his shoes. Sam just nodded, standing and giving Gabriel a gentle hug before heading towards the door, leaving Gabriel's chest picking up its pace and staring at his back with a sense of longing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day moved rather slowly, as it was only third period despite it feeling like school had been going on forever, literally, forever. Nevertheless, he enjoyed his third block, as they often did crazy science experiments, mostly just dicking around and 'writing' down the results. The moment he walked in, he could only grin when he saw the recipe for making ice cream on the board. 

"Hey! Gabriel! You're in our group." A girl from the back called, smiling brightly as she tugged an apron on. Gabriel nodded, making his way back to the small group of two already there and glancing between the two. Although he didn't know them personally, he at least knew their names were Hannah and Beth, the twins of the class.

"What flavor do you want to make?" Hannah asked, barely even giving him the time to set his things down before she was talking, smiling brightly. Gabriel returned the smile with the small one of his own, glancing at the flavors that the teacher had listed.

"Can we do strawberry?" Gabriel asked, arching one eyebrow when Beth cheered and Hannah let out a dramatic groan.

"Yes! You were our tiebreaker!" Beth said with a grin, giving her sister a smug look before humming as she skipped to the front of the class to get the flavor that they had chosen. Hannah let out a small 'hmph', but it was good natured and she was joking with her sister the minute she got back.

"Alright! Let's make some ice cream!" Beth said the minute that the teacher set them loose on their endeavors. Gabriel found himself smiling just a little bit more, drawn to the happy energy of the twins as they began mixing the ingredients that they needed. 

Why did that happiness feel so different from his happiness with Sam?

That thought caught him off guard, and he stuttered in his step from returning with a whisk, freezing as his heart skipped a beat. He didn't even realize that he had suddenly stopped in front of Beth as she was walking by, or the fact that she ran into him until the liquid and powder of their experiment was sliding down his shoulder and side of his chest, leaving him stunned.

"God, Beth! You klutz." Hannah scolded gently, grabbing the paper towels resting on the counter and pulling off a few, attempting to salvage some of the mess of Gabriel's clothes, though he could tell by her wrinkled nose that it wasn't going to work.

"I'm so sorry, Gabriel!" Beth said, her eyes wide with a bit of panic and embarrassment over what had just happened. Gabriel just looked at her, his mind temporarily eased from his thoughts of Sam as he smiled, shivering as the liquid began soaking into his skin.

"It's not a problem, Beth. I have clothes I can change into in my locker." Gabriel said, his own surprise coming through at the truth of it. After all, it seemed like so long ago when he actually needed to keep clothes in his locker. It was...refreshing to say the least that even with the threat of his father, things were better than before, and maybe that's what Gabriel actually needed to remind himself of.

The teacher didn't even bother to give Gabriel a chance to ask to leave, just handing him a plastic bag and telling him to go and get cleaned up. Gabriel wasn't one to complain, as the liquid was making it very awkward to walk and move in and the powder was definitely beginning to work its way into his nose.

As he passed by one of the exit doors, he didn't even pretend to not notice the officer standing on guard, only seen by his backside. Instead, he turned down the hallway into another, the little decorations of fish and science objects hanging from the ceiling as he grabbed his things from his locker and slipped into the bathroom.

It didn't take long to clean up, as most of it had remained within the confines of his clothes. Luckily, he managed to strip and get redressed without anyone entering the bathroom. It wasn't that he really would have minded, but he didn't have the best body image with his scars and all.

He was bundling up his clothes when he heard the soft patter of footsteps, and he stuffed his clothes into the bag quickly, glancing up in the mirror to look at who it was.

He barely got a chance to catch the dark eyes of his father before he was grabbed roughly and a white cloth was forced over his nose. He tried to scream, but the moment he inhaled, his whole world began spinning, and his vision swayed before he slumped in a blackout.