|01| The Bet

I've attached a picture of what the twins look like in my minds eye! Tell me what you think! 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

  This is how to be a heartbreaker
Boys they like a little danger

- Marina & The Diamonds  

  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

I THREW ALL my anger, embarrassment and frustration as I slammed my locker door shut. The metal groaned as I leaned onto the set of lockers scowling at my best friend. She wasn't at fault. She was just the unfortunate bearer of bad news.

"He said what?" I said through gritted teeth. My fingers curled into fists. I took several deep breathes to cool myself down.

Rekha frowned, "Why are you getting so worked up?"

"Well, it certainly explains why all the cheerleaders on my team are giving me weird glances."

"Our team." Rekha crossed her arms, head tilted. Our eyes level. "Since when did you give a damn what Kaden Nowell says?"

"I don't," I defended, looking away, grinding my jaw. I couldn't lose my cool over Kaden Nowell of all things. That boy was an absolute mess.

The next time he decided to practice his drums in the middle of the night, I was going to throw a rock in his window. See how he'll like that. If there was anyone to be arrogant, annoying and infuriating it would definitely be Kaden bloody Nowell.

"Good," Rekha has a note of finality to it, "I don't want you doing anything stupid."

My eyes widened, I said mockingly, "Now why would I do anything like that." 

I pushed myself off my locker, looking around at the empty changing room. Rows of metal lockers gleamed orange in the evening light. I'd be seeing Kaden soon, whether I wanted to or not. 

If Karma existed, I'd probably done something ridiculously shitty in my past life to end up with a fate like mine. Rekha followed me, "Well, you tend to let your emotions get the better off you."

I scoffed. We walked outside. There a electric blue car stood,  a Dacia Logan MCV. Two identical toned girls stood leaning on the car talking to a dark haired guy, I vaguely recognised from the football team in our school. Often, the football team and cheer-leading team took turns to practice on the football field. 

Raising my eyebrows, I turned to look at Rekha. The dark haired girl shrugged, "Tassia's new crush probably." 

I stared at him, "He looks more of Tallah's type."

"No definitely Tassias, Tallah prefers the safer options."

"He looks safe!" I whispered, reaching the two girls.

"We'll see," Rekha said.

The girls spotted us, Trissa waved her hand at us. "What took you so long?" she shouted.

"We were discussing battle tactics," Rekha lied. Her eyes flitted to where the guy stood, no doubt seizing him up.

"Rekha, Amber, meet Satriyo," Tallah said, "He's on our football team."

His almond shaped eyes turned to glance at us, he held out a hand shaking our hands. He had golden skin, not from a tan. "Pleasure to meet you both," He said holding out his hand.

Rekha and I shared a look, then shook his hand. He held my hand slightly longer looking at me, "I heard Kaden turned down a bet for you, I gotta say, I expected you to look horrible."