|41| Christmas

I wanted to write a Christmas Story but I hope a Christmas chapter would be good enough. Merry Christmas loves, you've all been such a blessing in my year and I'm so grateful for all the sweet comments and support you've shown thus far. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

" I know my heart will never be the same

But I'm telling myself I'll be okay. "

Sara Evans.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

WHITE FLAKES OF snow fell down from the sky. It drifted down through the night so when I woke, all I saw outside my window was a white expanse between Kaden's room and mine. Ignoring the blue curtain that covered his room most of the time, I dashed downstairs running out into a garden filled with snow. 

A little burst of laughter came out as I stared at the snow all around the garden. I fell down, feeling the wet cold snow through my pajamas and I made a snow angel feeling ten years younger. 

My clothes got wet, and soon I was far too cold to stay outside, and it comes back in a rush, a painful one and I was no longer 7 but 17 and I've made a mess of things.

When I slipped back into my house, I was still shivering. I glanced at the empty house at the christmas tree. I remembered the days when I ran down finding presents under my tree but when I wandered up, there were three gifts under the three, one for Kaden, another for his mother and one to someone whose name I didn't recognise. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"YOU'RE COMING RIGHT?

"Uh huh," I responded, curling my eyelashes. My phone rested on the table, on loudspeaker. 

"I'm sorry, I can't pick you up."

"It's okay." I leaned in closer in the mirror, applying fake eyelashes. It was always a tricky part getting the lashes to look as though it was always that naturally long. "Anyway, what's in like in the Knight Mansion?"

"Annoying," Joey said, "Mum's been bugging dad about the most trivial things. I swear she can if she see's a speck of dust on the floor, she will flip." He pauses for a bit and I hear bits of a conversation, then Joey said, not to me, "I love you too," then his voice was far closer to the phone. "Mum says hi."

"Your mums with you?"

"Yeah," Joey answered not at all bothered. "She also said that you're probably getting ready and I'm disturbing you."

I held the lash in place, waiting for the glue to dry up. "Well, I am getting ready."

"Getting dressed?"

"Naughty," I teased, "No. I'm doing my make-up."

"You don't need make-up."

"I know, I like wearing it." I glanced back at my reflection. My hair was straightened, bits of red hair fell into my face. My grey eyes looked back at me outlined with liner on the top and heavy with dark eyelashes, my skin was expertly contoured, making me look tanner than I was and my lips were painted in a rare shade of red. I wore a grey dress with a slit in the front. The material was soft and shimmery in the light. I paired it with long fake diamond earrings. I looked fantastic.