|37| Why

Thank you so much for the support in the last chapter, that really motivated me to get this done, so once again. Thank you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody."

Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GRACE HAD NEVER come over my home before. But you wouldn't believe it with how easy she's made herself at home. She flopped on my bed, the bed emitted a squeak of disapproval, forcing me to make space for her. "If you're going to keep moaning about Kaden you're never going to win him back, or find out why he lied." 

I buried myself under the blankets. I didn't want to leave the comforts of my bed. I didn't care that I became an overnight hero to the school, because I wasn't. It was funny how they glorified sleeping with someone. It shouldn't be glorified. I used Kaden. I made a bet, to sleep with him, to prove that he secretly desired me. 

But things had changed since then. I was no longer the same person. I hated Kaden. I hated everything about him and now, my feelings were no longer of the path but I still wanted to use him. I still would have slept with him.

I knew I was going to do it, I didn't back out.

And that was everything that was wrong with me. I was playing with him. I should have told him that there was a bet, I should have done anything but sleep with him. 

 The weight on my bed lifted, and I heard Grace's footsteps walking around my room. I closed my eyes trying to pretend she wasn't there. 

"Does Kaden always close his curtains?" She asked, "But you can see his front porch from here, pretty easy to spy on him."

My throat tightened. He didn't. A fresh wave of tears threatened to spill. Instead I tried to sound as normal as possible. Wiping the tears aggressively away, I sat up, trying to look cross as possible. "What are you doing here?" 

Grace looked fantastic, She was wearing black skinny jeans with an off-shoulder dark blue shirt. She smiled at me, blonde hair tied into a perfect ponytail. "Trying to get you out of this mood," She said cheerily. 

"I'm not in a mood. So you can go." I turned around the bed, away from stupid perfect Grace. "I'm fucking sleepy."

Grace let out a breath. It was laced with disapproval, not something you want to hear. "It's two in the afternoon."

"I had a late night."

"Totally," Grace said far too enthusiastic to be genuine. "Right. I completely wholly believe you."

"Oh fuck you."

Before I could react, I felt my blankets being pulled away from me, exposing me to the cold room. My hands reached out trying to grasp them back but all I caught was air. "Now you're going to shower and look fucking sexy and apologise to Kaden and ask him why he lied."

"No." I closed my eyes, tightly. "I don't want to."

"Amber, you're a lot of things but a coward isn't one of them."

"Maybe I am."

"No, you aren't. Now go shower, you stink."

"Liar."