|15| Secrets

X marks the start and end spot for the sexual parts in this chapter.  4000 words in this chapter alone! I'm pretty proud of how much I wrote! Let me know your thoughts!

I'm dedicating this chapter to Draco Malfoy. Tom Felton if you ever stumble across this novel and have read it it thus far, I'd like to Slyther-in your bed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides."

Andre Malraux

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SATURDAY MORNING SHONE with promise mixed with slight feelings of guilt. Joey and I didn't sleep together last night. Even though by then, I would have. I knew Joey wanted to as well if the hardness in his pants was any indication. But as I fumbled with his shirt right outside my house, trying to get it off. I felt his hands hold mine gently. 

I thought he was going to ask me if my parents were home, or if we'd like to go to his place, but he kissed my fingers softly, his lips so gentle that I swooned and he whispered, "Amber, you're far more than what I expected and for that alone, I want to take things slow between us."

My breaths were heavy, throat raspy when I asked, "What did you expect?" I wanted him then and there, tonight felt like everything of a fairytale. I pressed my lower half closer to his. I heard his breath catch in his throat. 

He closed his eyes, "Honestly," Joey's voice was painful, "a good fuck at the party." His breaths were heavier and he opened his eyes, earnest dark eyes so dilated it looked black, "but you are not just a a fuck, Amber, so I'm not going to do it. The morning after was nothing like I expected and tonight was nothing like it either."

I pushed myself towards his, my hands still in his as I captured his lips with my own. He let out a soft groan, letting go of my fingers as they moved to thread it through my hair, we broke apart to breathe, "Let's take this slow."

"You're nothing like I expected," I whispered softly as well.

He moved away, smiling, his hands moved from my hair to my shoulders to my own hands and they held mine. My heart raced slightly. "Are you okay with it?"

I smiled, kissing him lightly, my heartbeat uncomfortably fast, "I'm okay." 

I got off my bed, trying not to calm the guilt at the pit of my stomach. I wasn't together with James. I didn't need to stay single plus, Joey was a complete womaniser. How long could we both last?

Relationships with Joey Knight were like a candle, it was often just sex. If not sex, just steamy hot flings that lasted for a short amount of time. They were like summer, here for a season then gone. It starts off with the coldness of spring passing away to the hotness of summer before fading to the coolness of winter. So I didn't linger on his words, or the way he seemed to be intoxicating, because every candle lit with Joey was bound to burn out eventually. 

It didn't occur to me that Joey was one who knew how to make my lips curl and kissed me so passionately that I became the flame on a candle. It was so magical, I couldn't find the heart to judge the girls who willingly slept with him at his parties or went on brief hot flings with him.

The cheerleaders were already there warming up when I reached, before rushing to change into the cheerleading uniform. Then cheer practised passed by easily with easy familiarity as we practised the routine for the cheerleading championships and football season in may. Rekha was slightly distracted which messed up our form because Cassian was sitting on the stands playing with his phone and looking up every few minutes to smile in her way.