|39| Forget

As promised this weeks update!

Also important reminder: Joey and Archer are both cousins. In case you didn't notice their last names are Knight.

Also, Christmas PSA Dogs as a gift for christmas is every kids dream, but don't buy a dog for a kid. Make sure they chose their dog, make sure they're responsible enough to own and take care of a dog because if they aren't, that poor pup's going to the shelter. 

and thank you for all your support in the last chapter, it really made my day and I hope you love this chapter just as well.  xoxo, Pain.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 " Dogs never bite me. Just humans. "

Marilyn Monroe

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IT BECOMES EASIER pretending your heart didn't break. Pretending everything is normal when it wasn't. Pretending that while you're eating lunch with James, Grace and Rekha, you're not secretly sneaking glances at Kaden.

It becomes easier, taking out all your pain on Tassia, watching Satriyo break up with her. Since my birthday party, I hadn't spoken to Tallah, and I was sure she wanted to but we both knew that Tassia was watching.

But honestly, I didn't want to talk to her. She resembled her sister far too much and every time I saw her sister, I couldn't stop this fiery red hot anger from flowing. It was the only thing I truly felt besides grief. Sometimes, I wondered if my tongue was sharper or if I was colder. 

Because it felt like all the warmth had sucked out of me and left with Kaden.  As Christmas holidays loomed, I felt lonelier than I've ever been. Grace flew back to New York, Rekha visited her family in London and I stayed home. Allison came back with Archer, propped on the sofa in the living room, books all around. 

But the air was gloomier and I knew Allison didn't really feel like celebrating either. This would be the first Christmas since mum and dad got divorced. 

"Kaden's mum invited us over," Allison said when she saw me enter the living room.

It felt like a bolt of lightning hit me. "What?"

"Yeah," Allison said, "Mum's not going so we don't have to go."

I faltered. Part of me wanted to be closer to him, to see him again but I remember the hostility in his eyes, the way he didn't even speak to me and I break again. I break into thousands of pieces scattered on the floor, unable to be fixed because try hard as I like to blame Tassia, I knew I was the one truly at fault.

I wished I listened to Allison because I've never been so popular, but I also have never been so alone. "I don't want to go," I told Allison.

Archer's phone rang, he jumped up a little, then flushing, he stood up taking the call. He walked out of the room phone in his hand. I watched him leave, a little envious of Allison. 

"You learn from your mistakes." I turned to look at Allison who seemed to know exactly what was on my mind. "I didn't want you to make the same mistakes, but you did and it'll get better Am, just learn from your mistakes."

I glanced at her, "You made a bet to sleep with someone?"

"Not as drastic," Allison said, "I bullied this girl who I thought would steal this guy I like. I lost him anyway because he didn't like what he saw."