Chapter 23

*This kinda is just a Nalu fanfic now.. Whoops.*

*Lucy's POV*

It had been a week since the day our baby had left, and my stomach was shrinking. I hadn't left my bed other than to use the bathroom and get water. Natsu was being and angel, getting things around the house done and checking up on me.

I had cried pretty much everyday, but today was the first I didn't. I think I cried all the tears I could cry, and sat up. I slowly walked over to the door, getting used to walking again and walked into the kitchen.

Natsu was doing the dishes when I walked up to him. As soon as he saw me he put the dish down and dried his hands off.

"What's wrong?" He asked, making his way over to me.

"I want to help you, you shouldn't be doing all the work yourself," I smiled at him. I kissed him for the first time this week, and he quickly wrapped his arms around me and kissed back. "I'm sorry I've been making you deal with all of this on your own. I know how much you wanted this baby and Happy.."

"Shh," he shushed me, kissing me again. "It's ok. I've been holding up, so don't worry about it. And we don't have to work. We can go do anything you want."

"I don't think I'm stable enough to go back to the guild, I want to work on staying out of bed for now."

"Ok," he kissed my forehead and spun me around. We went back to the dishes, he would wash them and I would dry and put them away.

Once that was done, we moved to putting the rooms back together. He worked on the living room while I worked on the bedroom. That also went by quickly and he came into the bedroom.

"Thank you for the help," his arms never felt so good around me.

"No problem. I'm going to go take a shower, I feel like a pig."

"Well you don't look like one to me. You are still as beautiful as ever."

"Mm you are so good at lying," I kissed him, I couldn't stop myself it had been so long.

"It's not a lie. I'm going to go to the store, do you want me to wait for you?"

"Yeah, if I don't go, I'll be tempted to get back into bed."

"Ok," he kissed my nose and walked out of the room. I smiled, it felt like the first day we were allowed to see each other again.

I jumped into the shower and scrubbed my hair and body clean, my fingers running over my stretch marks. After about fifteen minutes, I think, I got out and towel dried my body and wrapped the towel around my hair.

I went into the room and quickly slipped on a pair of underpants. It had taken everything out of me to get a bra on and I decided to just throw a dress on instead of struggle with pants. I took my hair down and attempted to get the dress on.

I guess my arms were still a little wet, because I got the dress stuck around them. I made a little grunt like noise and tried to pull it down, but no luck. I tried to get it off, but it just didn't want to work with me. I sighed and frustration, when Natsu walked in.

"Having a little trouble?" He chuckled when he saw me. I suddenly felt self conscious and my face turned red. He walked over and helped me pull the dress down over me. He gave me a soft smile, but that didn't make my face turn back to its normal color. He kissed my temples and whispered,"You are beautiful no mater what shape or size you are, if you are dressed or not. So you don't have to feel self conscious around me."

I smiled and kissed him, for the millionth time today. "I love you," I said.

"I love you, too."

*To make up for the last two chapters. Hope you enjoyed!*