Chapter 24

*Thank you for the reads, comments, and votes these last two days. I think this is just going to switch between Natsu's and Lucy's POVs the rest of the book.*

*Lucy's POV*

"Mm," the wind blew through my hair. Another few weeks have passed, and I've been hard at getting rid of my stomach fat. I was pretty much back to my old size, and I felt so much more comfortable.

Natsu nibbled on the mark on my ear. We were back at the park where is all started, sitting on the same swing.

"I wonder if any of the girls have given birth yet. I really want to see them," I stared off at the play structure. He continue messing with the mark.

"Do you think we could go back to the guild?" I turned a little to face him.

"Sure. I know everyone is dying to see us," he squeezed my hands.

Natsu hasn't been back to the guild hall either, and no one had come by to visit, since they didn't know how we were handling everything.

The sun was just rising, yes we are at the park at like seven in the morning, it's the only time we can be alone. I hopped off his lap and he got up after me.

"Want a piggy back ride?" He asked.

"Obviously," I giggled and jumped up on him.

There were more people already there than I had expected, but no one was looking up when we walked in. Natsu stealthily got us to the bar and stood in between two seats.

Mira gloomily walked over, her stomach looking like it was about to pop. "What would you like?" She didn't look up from the counter.

"A smile," I giggled. Her head shot up and she gasped.

"Oh my god, it's you guys!" She screamed, trying to get around the bar, catching the attention of everyone around. I dropped down off of Natsu and met her halfway with a hug.

"Wow, you've gotten really big. When is it due?" I asked, placing my hands on her stomach.

"Any time now, but you! It's been too long," she pulled me into another hug.

"Hey, Natsu!" Grey and Juvia were next to see us.

"Oh my goodness, you've gotten huge too, Juvia," I noticed her stomach. It made me feel sad that they were so close to being able to hold the babies.. I felt Natsu had come up behind me and set his arms around my waist, going back to the mark.

"Whoa, you guys don't mind being feely touchy in public," Grey pointed out.

"I don't know what's up with him, he won't leave my ear alone," I said.

"You don't stop tracing lines on my forehead, so you can't judge," he laughed.

"I'm not judging," I put my hands over his.

"Oh, you guys are back," I heard voices behind us.

"Hey Master, hey Gildarts."

"It's about time you came back," Gildarts joked. "Things haven't been the same since you left."

"Well, it's good to be back," I smiled at them.

"Natsu, are you going to leave her ear alone long enough to get in a quick hello?" Master asked.

"Why is everyone talking about it, just act like you don't see anything," he put his chin on my shoulder and pouted.

"Lucy!!" I heard Levy's voice call my name from the front doors.

"Levy!!" I detached myself from Natsu and ran over to her, seeing as though she could barely walk. "Everyone around here is so big!" She laughed softly, trying to make sure she didn't bring back old memories.

"I've missed you so much," she said. "And the big guy actually missed Natsu."

"I did not," Gajeel turned away.

"Keep telling yourself that," Levy giggled at him. I pulled them over to our little group that was forming.

"Hey where's Romeo and Wendy?" Natsu asked, finding his way back around me. He was really clingy today for some reason.

"They went on a job request," Lily flew into view. Natsu's grip around me tightened.

"Natsu, what's wrong?" I whispered loud enough so only he could hear.

"I.. It's just..." He started stuttering.

"Will you excuse us for a second," I led Natsu to the hallway where the infirmary was. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. "What's up?"

"The last time we were here was the last time I saw Happy.. The last conversation I had with him was us yelling at each other. I hated him so much in that moment, and now he's gone. If only he had talked to me before.." I could see him tearing up.

"Hey, hey. Happy wasn't happy here, he's in a better place now. No one is blaming you for his death. I know he misses you too, and I bet he's flying over our heads as we speak, watching over you." He leaned his forehead on mine and I wiped away his tears.

"Yeah. He wouldn't want me to dwell on the past. He would want me to keep going for him." He stopped crying, but still looked heartbroken.

"That's right." I kissed his lips. We stayed there for a few more minutes so he could calm down, and walked back out to the others.

*Hope you enjoyed!!*