100k Special- Chapter 29

*Lucy's POV*

"Elfman, move the long table over to the wall. Laxus, that round table isn't positioned right. Eight chairs are supposed to fit under each, not six. Natsu, don't you dare go near the ice sculpture!" Mira barked out orders, hustling around. It's New Year's Eve, and Mira is going ham on details for the party tonight.

"Jeez, Mira is taking this seriously," Levy said as we stood as far out of the way as possible.

"No kidding, even Laxus looks slightly frightened," I giggled, placing my hands on my hips.

"Lucy, Levy! Am I glad I found you guys," Erza walked over to us, Juvia following quickly behind her.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Mira has given me the task of making the desserts for tonight," a smirk spread across her face. "She said we needed to make a display, and I was hoping you guys would help me?"

"Let me guess, we are going to make a strawberry everything?" Levy clicked her tongue jokingly.

"Of course, what else would we make?" We all started giggling and went to the kitchen.

The room was already setup for us. In the center of the floor was three counters, the two outer ones had baking supplies and the middle one looked like it was for assembling.

"Lucy, you and Juvia will start on this counter first, making the bitesize treats. Levy and I will start on the cakes," Erza smiled. Everyone nodded and broke off.

We worked, basically in silence for a good hour, hour and a half. The layers for the base cake were cooling and the second set of layers were baking. We had gotten pans of red velvet cupcakes out and setting. I was currently cutting up strawberries to put in the cream cheese frosting Juvia was making. Erza was whistling and washing her hands and Levy was wiping down their counter

"Hey, Lucy," Juvia whispered. I looked over at her and she made a gesture towards Erza then put a finger to her lips. I nodded and got Levy's attention. Juvia, with her spatula, took a giant scoop of the frosting and flung it at Erza. It splattered over her lower back and she let out an "aye!"

The three of us burst out laughing. I had to hold onto the edge of the counter to keep from falling.

"You think you are so funny, huh?" Erza grumbled. "If that's how you want to play, I'll play too!" She grabbed the sprayer connected to the sink and showered us in freezing cold water.

I ducked down out of sight, snatching a container of whipped cream from under the counter. I ripped the top off, shook it, and let loose, chasing Levy around.

"I got you now!" I screamed, cornering her.

"Nice try!" She picked up a bowl from behind her and dumped it over my head. Vanilla cake batter slid down my face and my back.

"Levy, there's not enough strawberries in the batter!" Erza chucked chopped strawberries at us. Juvia came up behind Erza and dumped a bowl of melted chocolate on her. She yelped and jumped away. I took my chance and grabbed a jar of caramel sauce. With a spoon, I scooped it out and flung spoonfuls at the girls. They scattered, it was full on war.

"What's with all the racket?" Natsu pushed open the swinging door. I jumped and launched a spoon caramel at him. The dollop landed on his nose and speckled his cheeks. We all froze, staring at him. He looked down at his nose and then back at me, his mouth agape. "Oh no you didn't!"

He snagged the the abandoned whipped cream can and pounced on me, covering my already messy face.

"Ack!" I croaked, reaching to my side and finding a bag of marshmallows. With an aggressive yank, the bag split and my rapid fire of marshmallows began. "Get him!"