Chapter 27

*The end draws nearer.*

*Natsu's POV*

"Ah man, they are really excited," Grey laughed.

"Poor Lucy, they practically dragged her out," I sighed, and looked down at the child in my arms. He cooed at me, and grabbed at my finger. I hummed and he mimicked me.

"You are really good with kids," Gajeel pointed out.

"You have no idea how much I wanted to be a father.." I whispered, taking a cloth and wiping the urp from Izumi's cheek.

"Why don't you guys try again?" Laxus questioned, bouncing the ever happy Rei on his knee.

"We just lost it, I know she doesn't want to go through the heart break again. She didn't get out of bed the first week. I don't want to jump right back into it again."

"That makes sense."

"You!" Carla finally made an appearance at our table. She pointed at me and gritted her teeth.

"I thought you went with Wendy," Romeo said.

"I can't when you guys are leaving your children in the hands of a murderer." I froze.

"Carla.." Lily flew over, taking her arm and trying to pull her away.

"No! He can't just get away with this. You killed Happy. You took him away from me." I couldn't look up at her.

"Carla!" Lily and Romeo yelled.

"Once you started ignoring him, he moved in with me. We got really close, and I never realized how much I had loved him. THEN YOU CAME AND RUINED EVERYTHING! I HATE YOU!" She was crying.

"Come on, the guy has enough to deal with already." Lily got in front of her and pushed her towards the other side of the dinning area.

"Your baby deserved to die," she screamed, getting passed Lily and lunging at me. She clawed my face, four long scratches on my right cheek and two across my forehead. Lily turned into his man form and grabbed her, taking her away by force. "Let me go," she screamed as they walked away.

"Don't listen to her. No one thinks it's your fault," Romeo tried to reassure me.

"But I did kill him.." A drop of blood plopped on Izumi's face and he started crying. I took the cloth and wiped it off, placing him back safely in his fathers arm. "I'm going to go clean myself up," I mumbled, walking to the bathroom.

*Lucy's POV*

We left the shop with all dresses in hand. Mira offered to hold the dresses in her room so nothing happened to them and we all gladly agreed. We walked back into the guild hall, chatting happily. Mira broke away to go put the dresses away and the rest of us walked back to the table.

"That was fast," Gajeel said.

"We all knew what we were looking for," Levy walked over and took Ichiro from his arm.

"Hey, where'd Natsu run off to?" I asked, looking around.

"Something.. Happened. He ran to the bathroom and hasn't come out since."

"Oh, no," I ran towards the bathroom and barged in, not caring that it was the guys bathroom at the moment. Natsu leaned over the sink, blood dripping from his face. "Oh my god, what happened," I hurried over to him.

"I killed Happy," he wouldn't look at me.

"Who told you that?"

"Carla got mad and shredded my face..." He still didn't move. I put my fingers under his chin and made him look at me. He had scratches on his forehead and cheek.

"Oh, baby.." I wet a paper towel and started dabbing at the cuts. "You did not kill Happy."

"Then why did he have to die," the tears came again.

"Natsu, Carla is just really mad. She didn't mean any of that. Remember how you felt after what Happy did? I know you blamed him for the baby's death. That's what Carla is doing right now."

"I wish he was still with us.."

"Me too, but there isn't anything we can do now." I leaned up and kissed each of his cuts. "He's still watching over you."

"Why do I feel so bad about it," he brought the palms of his hands to his eyes.

"Because you lost your best friend." I wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his back. He started hiccuping and I rested my head against his chest. "It's ok," I kept whispering over and over again until he calmed down. "Do you want to go back out there and sit with the group or would you rather go home?"

"Let's just go home. I don't want anyone seeing me this much of a mess.."

"Ok. But you look handsome to me anyway you are," I took his hand and we left.

*Hope you enjoyed!!*