Teacher Cat

There's a cat sitting on a tree branch.

Frank immediately rubbed his eyes in disbelief. Maybe it was just his imagination. Actually, Frank is absolutely sure that it was just his imagination. Or maybe his eyes are just playing tricks on him.

Because there's no way that there's a cat – a grey tabby cat sitting on a tree branch which is about two-storey high.

But when Frank opened his eyes and looked up, the cat is still up there and he's comfortably hanging on the branch likes he exists to sit there all day long. And the cat is looking down at Frank.

Frank rubbed his eyes again. Maybe, just maybe, this was just a dream... That Frank is dreaming that his cat is sitting on a tree branch and he's going to wake up anytime with his cat on his side. Because again, there's no way that Gerard is sitting on a tree branch, because what the hell is he doing up there?

But when Frank opened his eyes and looked up, his grey tabby cat is still sitting up there on a branch, now looking back down at his owner with his bright golden eyes.

"Meow..." the grey tabby cat purred, his tail swaying smoothly behind his back.

Frank eyes widen. "What the fuck," Frank breathes, now fully convinced that this is reality and yes, that was his cat – it was Gerard who's sitting up there, looking down at him. "What the fuck are you doing up there, Gerard?!!" he asks to his cat, his body ready to climb up and completely disregarding any consequences whether or not the tree is strong enough to support his weight. Frank doesn't have the time to think about that. All he knows is he need to get his cat down right at that moment. But all of the sudden, Frank heard someone yelled at him.

"Watch your language, Mister!" says someone sharply with a very strong English accent.

Frank looked up and found where the voice came from. There was a lady, who appears to be in her late thirties looking down at him from the second floor.

"I'm very sorry!" Frank quickly apologizes, his tone still worried. "But my cat! He's stuck up there!" he says breathlessly, pointing up at the tabby cat.

"Oh you poor thing," the lady says, smiling down at Frank. "Don't worry. Your fat cat isn't stuck."

"I ―" What the lady says does make sense because if Gerard climbed up the tree on his own, then he should be able to go down too. Then Frank immediately remembers that she said something about his cat. "Hey! My cat's not fat!"

Seriously, why does everyone says his tabby cat is fat?

The lady just giggles back at Frank. "Yeah right," she rolls her eyes and then she turns her gaze at the grey tabby cat. "Well, mister, your cat is not stuck. But let me tell you your cat doesn't know how to go down the tree. Actually, he just jumps here in my window and then I'll pick him up and bring him down outside."

Frank blinked. "Is that true, Gerard?" Frank asks the cat. The grey tabby cat just meowed back at Frank.

"You're so funny! You're talking to your cat like he can understands you," she giggles again and Frank blushes. It is true that his cat understands what he says, but of course, other people don't know that his tabby is not an ordinary cat. Then the lady added, "Come up here. It's 204. And my door's not locked. You can pick your cat up here."

Frank hesitated, not really sure if he'll accept her invitation, but what the heck. He badly needed to get his cat who's up there, sitting comfortably and who doesn't understand the gravity of the situation.

"Oh, o-okay," Frank replies back. As Frank made his way up, he heard the same lady calling Gerard, probably asking him to jump inside the window.

Frank easily found the apartment 204 and her door was the most peculiar amongst the other apartments because of the various Halloween stickers posted in her door. And Frank can't help but to furrow his eyebrows because there are some papers with poorly drawn monsters taped on her door.