Arts and Cats

The night is awfully cold when Frank left Ray's veterinary clinic that Thursday. As he walked outside, a silent groan escapes out from his chapped lips from time to time, feeling the cold going through his bones. He's mentally cursing himself why he didn't wear a thicker jacket and maybe an additional scarf will not hurt that morning when he left his apartment. And all he can do right now is hope and pray that he won't catch a cold because he doesn't want Gerard to worry about him.

And speaking of Gerard, his adorable little kitten, Frank finally decided to get Gerard some art stuff.

Right after showing Ray what Gerard drew, Frank thought that there might be a possibility that he will remember something about himself if he will be exposed to activities – and for this, it will be drawing, or just doing something related to arts. Frank's not really sure if it will work, but hey, it doesn't hurt to try, right? But Frank is hopeful to learn something about Gerard's past and why he appears to act odd recently.

And Frank didn't spend that much money. It's only a set of non-toxic paint tubes, cheap paint brushes, a brand new sketch pad and a box crayons. Frank skipped on buying Gerard pencils for now, scared of the possibility that he might accidentally poke his own eye if he uses it unattended. So Frank decided that he'll start teaching Gerard how to use paint brushes for now, and then they'll move on to crayons. And if he saw that Gerard finds no trouble using them (and that they'll not be a cause of any harm to his pretty cat), then he'll get him pencils and markers next. And probably more pads.

When Frank arrived that night in his apartment, he found Gerard, in his human form, sleeping in their black sofa. He's comfortably napping in a curled position, his hands also mimicking his body form as it is also curled just like a cat's paw while his Ducky is at the other end of the sofa, near his feet. And Frank felt a pang of guilt for arriving much late that night but it was mingled with admiration as he watches his cat as he sleeps beautifully, his breathing slow and steady and his mouth a little bit parted. And Frank was reminded of the night when he first saw the cat transformed and became Gerard in that same sofa.

After securing that the front door is locked, Frank dropped his bag and the paper bag with art stuff at the nearest table. He then approached his cat, sitting down next to where Gerard lays his head. Then Frank noticed Gerard's fluffy black ears flicked up, picking up the sound that he's not alone anymore.

"Frankie?" Gerard purred softly, stretching his arms up before he rubbed his eyes with his curled hand. "Meow... Welcome home, Frankie." He then sat up and squint his eyes at Frank before it got big and round and then he threw himself at Frank, wrapping his arms around his middle and pressing his face against his chest.

"Sorry I'm late," Frank apologizes earnestly, pressing a kiss on the top of his head.

"Its okay, my Frankie," Gerard says, rubbing his face slowly against his chest. Gerard feels warm, though he only wears a big white shirt and Frank's royal blue pyjama pants. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, my kitten," Frank says, and this time wrapping his arms around Gerard too so now they're now hugging. Gerard then lifted his face up, his lips curled like a cat and there's a noticeable tint gracing his cheeks. Frank then leaned down and catches Gerard's lips, kissing him sweetly and gently. "Oh, I bought something for you," Frank says when he pulled away.

Gerard's eyes suddenly grow big and much brighter, his fluffy cat ears pointing up and his tail moves excitedly behind his back. "Really? What did you get for me, Frankie? Meow...."

"I bought you some art stuff, so you can draw or paint something. Do you remember the duck you drew last time?"

Gerard pouted his lips, his eyebrows furrowing. "I don't remember, Frankie," he replies, shaking his head. "What duck? Oh wait, Ducky!" Gerard happily exclaimed as he remember his stuffed toy. He pulled away from Frank's embrace to reach out for his duck stuffie.