Chapter 16: Trouble

Two months later.

" Ugh! There's too much of these guys! " A yell escaped the purple-haired man's lips, as he swung Baal's sword, severing the enemies with lightning.

" Shut up! There are people below us, so be careful, Sin! " Ja'far replied, smashing some of the dolls with his household vessel, Bararaq Sei.

" You've got to be careful too, Ja'far! Don't let yourself open! " Mistoras reminded, throwing his spear straight into a soldier's heart.

" I don't have to be reminded about that by you, I'm capable of doing that myself! " He retorted, as Hinahoho grunted.

" Get down, you two! " He pushed their heads down, evading a magic blast from a magician.

" Tch! I missed! " The magician cursed, readying himself for anither attack.

" Uh-uh, not so fast. " Suddenly, the daylight was knocked out him. Ran had rendered him unconscious.

" Sorry I was late! Need some help? " She came with her carpet, her bow and arrows strapped to her back.

" If have the time to chat, then start shooting those masked people down! " Ja'far growled, taking yet another one down.

" Geez.. Chill, will you? I'll just take all of them out at once. " Ran took her vial out once again, dipping some of her arrowheads in the liquid.

" Do me a favor and clear the field for me, please! " At her signal, the company had moved away, gathering the magicians in the air.

" What the?! They're backing down? " A magician asked, not seeing any of them putting their defenses.

" Not quite. But I guess it's game over for you guys. See you! " Ran fired the arrows, successfully penetrating their borgs, which transformed into a huge explosion.

Quickly placing herself above the trading company, Ran used her borg to shield the building from the explosion. The explosion produced some remnants of the dolls that had been destroyed during the feat, several pieces of it hitting Ran's borg. Afte a while, the explosion subsided, and the situation returned to normal.

" Whew! That was a close call, " Rentei exclaimed, watching the girl lower herself from the carpet.

" It's the second time they attacked this month, there must be something wrong. " Sinbad came behind Ran, releasing his djinn equip.

" It's their fifth consecutive attack for the past two months, and I don't think they're going to stop soon. The weird thing is, why are they always aiming for our company? It's not like we've had a bad history with them, right? " Mistoras chimed in, a distraught look on his face.

" I just hope they won't come back here soon enough. But anyway, let's get back to work, " Ran sighed, steadying herself on her feet as she quickly ran to find Rurumu, assisting the Imuchakk woman in her duties.

Some of the workers had been ordered to clean the mess up, Masrur had been there to help lift up heavy particles from the explosion.

Hakuyuu, who had been witnessing the whole ordeal, could only clench his fists in frustration. Even Masrur was able to help, but him, a grown man, remained powerless.

" Give me three months. " Ran's words suddenly floated into his mind. He did not know whether she said that to make him feel better or she really meant it, her expression was unreadable that time.

But he wanted to believe her, as he was anticipating the three months to pass quickly.

He didn't want to necessarily burden other people with his problems.