Chapter 20: News

" Gyokuen-sama! The oracle is missing! " Looking up from the scroll in her hand, Gyokuen had a calm expression on her face, yet the way her eyes narrowed indicated that she was displeased of the news.

" The oracle? Are you certain that he didn't play tricks on you, Ithnan? " Her reply was a shake from Ithnan, who hurriedly ruffled his pocket.

" He left this instead, it said that he was going for a trip, and won't be back for a while. " As she received the note, the child's messy handwriting was written on the piece of paper, Gyokuen noted that he was in a hurry, she could still feel the little magi's presence from the palace.

" Let him be. He is just a child, after all. When he realizes that he can't handle the outside world on his own, he will come back to us, seeking protection. For now, just let him explore, but keep an eye on the boy, he might have difficulties on the way. " Gyokuen waved a hand in the air, dismissing the green-haired man. Complying, he bowed, and disappeared into thin air.

" Let's see how well you can deal with the world, Judal-kun~ With your weak physique that is, " The empress chuckled upon sitting on the throne, her eyes flashing a devilish glint.

***********

" Ugh. It's so damn hot out here! " Judal complained, lying on his back as he shielded his eyes from the sun's rays. Ithnan would've probably found the note he left on his study table before leaving.

The boy had decided to begin his search to find Hakuyuu and Hakuren, even though he knew they were dead. No, they're not dead yet. Judal shook his head. Even if people convinced him that the two princes were dead, he would never believe them.

He recalled seeing Kougyoku's face during the funeral. She was emotionless, she had looked like a doll if it weren't for her tears freely flowing from her ruby orbs. And Koumei too, he remembered seeing the bookworm feeding his pigeons one morning with tears falling from his eyes. Hakuren often bugged him and accompanied the redhead feeding his pigeons, and the oracle knew that their sudden death didn't left Koumei with a good memory. In fact, it had inflicted him with a wound that will never heal. But it wasn't only them-Hakuei, Hakuryuu, Kouha and even Kouen-it took them quite a while to accept their beloved brothers'/cousins' deaths. Judal too, after all, he had long considered them as his family, and looked up to them like Hakuryuu did.

Hakuyuu was kind, patient, a good leader, and a good big brother to Judal. He even accompanied the oracle to read some books when he had the time. The first prince treated Judal as if he was his own little brother, calling his name instead of title in private. Hakuren was more outgoing compared to his brother, the second prince was his partner in crime-a cheerful, friendly and compassionate guy. He was also the one who introduced him to Kougyoku, the youngest daughter of Ren Koutoku, now the eighth imperial princess of Kou. Hakuren even attempted to put Judal in more physical workouts, but in the end, Judal would always pass out due to fatigue. If they were alive, he would've made them into his king candidates.

He wanted them back. He didn't care how many years it would take him to find them, but he would definitely find them and drag them back to Kou if her needs to.

Sighing to himself, Judal grabbed one of the peaches he managed to bring with him, and took a large bite. It's going to be a few more hours until he gets out of Kou territory.

" Now then, where should I head first? " He grumbled, listening to the rukh chirping around him.

The birds dyed in black fluttered around the young oracle, floating above his head.

" The rukh told me to go to Balbadd, might as well make a trip there. " Judal infused more of his magoi supply onto the carpet he's riding on, as the fabric sped quickly, flying further away from Kou.

**********

Koumei had just came back from his conquest, capturing the 71st dungeon, Dantalion. Upon his return, the people in the palace started to have a better impression of the messy, sleep-deprived teen, showering him with compliments and sweet words.

How people change their attitude so fast made Hakuryuu scoff. He was in the training room with his master, when he heard of Koumei's return.

" I see. We'll go there and greet him. " The servant bowed and left the room.

" Has he returned? " The seven-year-old asked, placing his spear in the rack.

" Yes, just now, I presume. " Hakuryuu's instructor sighed, before kneeling down to the boy's height.

" I know how hard it is for you, Hakuryuu-dono. But please bear with it. Your brothers were excellent heirs to the throne, the perfect emperor candidates. If you wish for the throne, then strive to train, excel in your studies, and polish your skills in battle. As your master, I will support every decision you make. But as for now, you still have a long way to go. " The man bore a sad expression on his face, as he wryly smiled.

Hakuryuu knew what he was talking about, and just nod in response.

" I have several acquaintances of the Yambala tribe, the masters of magoi manipulation. Their skills would come in handy for you in the future. They will be staying here for a few months, would like them to train you? " The man offered, making the prince look up.

" Will it make me grow stronger? " He asked, tugging at the hem of his robe.

" Definitely. "

" Then, please let me train with them. " The fourth prince enquired, his memory floating to the events that has happened for the past year.

His sister, Hakuei, was able to conquer Paimon with only Seisyun with her, which impressed the officials and they never underestimated her ever again. It was the same for Koumei, who went with Chu'un to Dantalion's dungeon. Kouen had already possessed two djinns, Agares and Astaroth. And Kouha was already a weirdo with a very obvious bloodlust. It was only him and Kougyoku who were left with no abilities at all.

But Hakuryuu didn't want to stop there. He needs to get stronger, in order to protect his beloved sister from Al-Thamen's clutches, to regain what his uncle had stolen from him, what was supposed to be his brother's-the throne to the Kou Empire.

And he isn't going to stop until he sits on the throne, even if it means war.

' Yuu-aniue, Ren-aniue, I'll definitely avenge you, you don't have to rely on Kouen for it. Someday, one day, I'll rid Kou of Al-Thamen! ' Tightly gripping on his master's hand, the prince exited the room, and went to greet his older cousin.