Season's Greetings pt.1: A Yuletide To Remember

Hey guys! I'm back! For this chapter, I'll be writing from Hakuren's point of view! So sit back, relax, and scroll down to read the story! Oh and, a Happy Yuletide to those who are celebrating it!

*********

Year xx, Month 12, Day 21

Hey everyone! Hakuren here! So starting today, the company's going to celebrate Yuletide, which spans for 12 days. In regards to that, all of the workers are given a 12-day break in order to celebrate the Yule season with their families. Sinbad had dismissed them a day earlier so that they could have some time to prepare before the festivities began.

Those who have families here in Reim already went back to their respective houses, which leaves the people permanently residing in the company, save for Hinahoho-san and his family who returned to their hometown. Rurumu-san was due to give birth sometime around this week, so they could not join us for this year's Yuletide.

I do know that Yuletide's a tradition of the people in Reim, but I'm not all that familiar with what they do during the festive period. And as I'm from Kou, this will be my first time celebrating it.

Now then, I gotta go, Ja'far's already screaming for me to go cut the Yule log with him, so catch ya guys later!

*********

The crisp cold winter air continuously prickled my skin as we trekked deeper into the woods in order to find a decent-sized tree for this year's yule log. I could see my breath as I exhaled, puffs of white forming in the air and I shivered lightly, willing my body to adjust to the current temperature.

" How long does the Yule log have to be? " My brother, Hakuyuu, asked as he drew his swords from its sheath, already covered by Buer's magic.

We're currently standing in front of a Birch tree that's approximately seven feet tall, but Ja'far simply shook his head, somewhat unsatisfied with the tree's measurements.

" Well, I can say that we need a bigger tree than this one, it's gonna have to last for twelve whole days, after all. " Ja'far replied, inspecting the tree bark with his right hand.

" Can't we just settle with this one? We can just cut it into smaller pieces and make sure they last for twelve days, " I furrowed my brows, walking towards the tree and encircled both of my arms around it.

" Besides, a tree this size will be enough of a hassle to carry back to Sindria. " At that, Ja'far innocently blinks, fishing out his household vessel from the sleeves of his robes.

" But that's the exact reason why I brought the two of you here with me. " He flashed a cheeky grin before continuing with his words. " To bring back the yule log with your djinn's powers. "

" Ehhh, but you have your household vessel with you, right? So why do you still need us to come along? " I inquired, before regretting that I ever asked. The silver head's expression immediately soured, as his lips curled into a terrifyingly polite smile.

" I can't use it when Sin's not around, plus when I did ask him to help me last year, he ended up spending half of the day flirting with women at the central plaza. " Oh. Figures. He's the ladykiller of the seven seas, after all.

" I see... must be tough, huh. " A wry grin made its way to my face as I gave Ja'far's shoulder a sympathetic pat.

" Don't get me started on the details. It was a total disaster. " He weakly shook his head and sighed.