Chapter 33: Revolving gears

Another hectic day as usual... Mystras inwardly sighed as he lifted some boxes containing the jewelleries imported from Sasan.

Rurumu was in charge after Sinbad suddenly left with Ja'far. The purple head didn't tell anyone the reason he left, just disappeared out of the blue and left a note behind, saying:

" Ja'far and I are off to Balbadd to settle some matters regarding trade with the said country. Hopefully we'll be back in a few days. Until then, Rurumu and Vittel will be in charge of the company.

Sincerely,

Sinbad "

Although complaints came from the people inside the company, everything just went as it was and everyday the company was lively, thriving with business transactions,  the busy workers tending to their respective duties.

It wasn't until evening that the company had finally closed for the day that a stranger dropped by.

" I'm begging you! Please let me see the head of this company! This is an urgent matter that I need to personally ask him! "

" Sorry sir, but the company's closed for the day, you have to come back tomorrow for business transactions! "

" But- "

One of the workers were having a debate with the cloaked stranger, but the man was persistent, he didn't want to leave until he meets Sinbad himself.

" Hey, hey, what's going on? Let me handle this, you should go to rest now. " Mystras pats the man on his back, as the said person obliged, retiring for the night.

" Sir, we're already closed for the day, perhaps you can come back tomorrow- "

" No. Do forgive me for being frank, but I must meet the head of this company myself. " He flatly rejected Mystras' offer, but the red head remained patient.

" Sinbad-san is currently away from the company, and the substitute heads have retired for the night. I'll relay whatever message you want to deliver to him once he comes back. " For the second time, the man shakes his offer down.

What the hell's wrong with this guy? I'm trying my best to be hospitable to him and he's trying my patience. Mystras inwardly fumed, the man was starting to tick him off.

" I'll just cut to the chase. Is there a girl called 'Ran' working here? "

Wow. So much for trying to be polite to him.

Wait a minute. Ran? His mind processed, dropping the unpleasant feeling he felt earlier.

He paused for a moment before opening his mouth. " ....First of all, sir, I don't know anything about you. And second, why are you asking about one of our workers here? "

He was starting to get suspicious of the cloaked man.

" Well, I... "

****************

" I'll see you when I can, Ojisan. Please take care of your health. " Ran clasped her hands together, bowing to the king of Balbadd.

" And you as well, Ran. Balbadd will always welcome you with open arms. You can come and visit whenever you wish to. " Rashid nods, and turns to Sinbad.