Chapter 4

"Fired?" I asked. Holy crap this intense but I refuse to let her see me cry.

"Yes Karina I have to let you go after your incident. And you aren't getting a good reference either. You can stay the night but I expect you to be gone in the morning."

"Alright," I say while holding back tears.

I turn around and leave Lady Petwell's room. I make my way downstairs to the room that used to be mine. When I arrive all my friends are waiting up for me. Springing a bunch of questions on me.

"How did it go?"

"Are you alright Katina?"

"What's the matter?"

"You look sad do you need some chocolate?"

"Yes I desperately need some chocolate!" I say while I collapse on my bed.

Chocolate is my comfort food and I and I desperately needed some right now. I see Teri walk over to our community dresser and grab a box of chocolate and hands it to me.

I greedily grab the box and immediately start diving into it. "Thanks, I really needed this."

"Why don't you tell us what's wrong." Teri says while Gem, Jenelle, and Rainy sit on my bed to help comfort me.

"When I got to Lady Petwell's room she started yelling at me. Then I explained what happened I just left you guys out of it. And after I said everything she fired me and I'm not getting a good reference."

"Why did you not tell her about the part that we played?" Gem asked, "we all are as much to blame as you are."

"Yeah it was my idea to try on the necklace." Jenelle said, "you shouldn't be the only person to get fired."

"No I purposely put the blame on myself so you guys wouldn't lose your jobs. I don't want you guys to get sacked because I broke the bloody necklace."

"Nonsense!" Teri yelled. "You got us all are jobs and we don't want to work here without you."

"Yeah!" Jenelle, Gem, and Rainy yell.

"If Lady Petwell plans on firing you because of a lie well she'll have to learn the truth." Rainy said.

"Yes, we are going to interrupt that snotty lady and give her a piece of our minds." Teri said, "come on you guys let's go!"

"Hell yeah!" Jenelle yells.

"Wait you guys, are you sure you want to do this?" I ask, "I don't want you to lose your jobs because of me."

"Yes we are a hundred percent sure and there is nothing you can do to change our minds." Gem said.

"Let's go you guys!" Teri said, "Karina are you coming with us?"

"Sure I'm curious to see what will happen." I don't want my friends and sister to get in trouble but I like that they are all willing to stand up for me.

We all get off of my bed and make our way upstairs. When we get to the door I'm just about to knock when Jenelle barges past me and swings the door open.

"Really Karina you were about to knock on Lady Petwell's door just after she fired you." Jenelle said.

"Well I wanted to be polite."

"To hell with polite, it's show time you guys." Rainy says to us as she points at Jenelle who was already stomping over to Lady Petwell's bed.

We all watch as Jenelle throws off her covers to wake her up.