Chapter 6

"Certainly miss, I will go get them. You and your friends can wait in the living room." The maid says as she invites us in.

Then she goes to fetch our parents while we head to the drawing room. Teri and I lead the way while our friends follow behind us.

Jenelle, Gem, and Rainy have all been to our house before so they are comfortable with everything.

"I know I've been here before but wow your guy's house is huge." Jenelle exclaims, "I'm so excited to live here."

"Just don't get too comfortable because once we find jobs we will have to move out." I remind everyone.

"True true, but I'm going to make the most of it while we are here." Gem says.

Our conversation ends and we continue to walk to the living room. Once we get there we all sit down on the couch near the back wall. The room is decorated with gold and red wallpaper. There are two couches in the room, the one we are sitting on which is on the back wall. The other is on the left wall, they both have red velvet cushions and gold legs that keep it standing. The floor is made out of tiles that is the colour of eggshells. And along the right wall our family portraits. One of my mom and dad, the other of just Teri and I, and last one is of the four of us.

We have nothing to do while we wait except examine the portraits. "I never realized until now how weird it is to look at a giant picture of yourself."

"I know!" Teri exclaims, "it is quite strange. At least we look good in the photo."

"How old were you guys when you got them done?" Rainy asks. "I don't feel like I have seen them before."

"You guys haven't, we got them done the summer after we graduated. When we were eighteen, this is the first time I have seen them." I say.

We left our home before they were done so this is the first time I have seen a giant portrait of myself. It is kind of weird to think that we come from a wealthy family but we have been living like paupers for the last two years.

"When was the last time you guys saw your parents?" Jenelle asks us.

I respond, "Christmas, so six months ago. It will be nice to see them again."

We wait in silence for the next ten minutes, just waiting for our parents to arrive. I feel like Jenelle, Rainy, and Gem are a bit nervous but they don't need to be. Our parents are going to be happy to have some visitors.

Then the doors open and I see our parents arrive. "Mom! Dad!"

"Teri? Karina?" Our mom questions. "It is so good to see you guys again."

Teri and I run over give them a hug, our parents are both in their fifties. Our mother has dark brown hair while our dad has blonde hair, both with a touch of grey in it.

"It's great seeing you guys but, what are you doing here?" Dad questions, "shouldn't you be at work? Oh I see your friends are here as well."

He then waves at our friends who are still sitting on the couch. Then I had to swallow my pride and tell my parents that we all lost our jobs.

"Mom, dad, I have to tell you something. I did something really stupid at work and it caused all of us to lose our jobs. "

"Wow," Mom states in shock. "I wasn't expecting that, are you guys okay?"

"We are all fine but we need a place to crash for a couple of weeks." I say, "is it alright if we stay here for a while. Just until we find a new job."

The room then goes dead quiet. It feels like an eternity while we wait for my parents to answer. After about two minutes (which felt like an hour) my mom says something.