Chapter 2: Ancient Rune

Stephen kept spinning his phone between his thumb and finger as he walked down a dark corridor, he looked at the broken light, "Really need to get the light fixed." He noted to himself, then took his witchlight out of his pocket and shone his way through the pitch black corridor. The witchlight was a large rock that glowed blue shining the way through even the darkest places. He finally turned left into the library which was quite a large room, it was a square room with bookshelves filled with books running along both sides of the rooms.

Stephen smiled a little as he saw Camael and Alice sat looking at the Grey Book, looking through the runes. He just stood watching from a distance for a while before walking to join them, "Camael, Jocelyn needs your help."

Camael looks at Stephen and frowns, "My help? With what?"

Stephen hesitates then explains, "She doesn't want Clarissa to be part of this world yet, she doesn't think that she is ready. Obviously Jocelyn wants her away from Valentine but since he has been summoning demons, Jocelyn is more fearful that these demons are after Clarissa. She thinks if her daughter is unaware of the world she might be able to fool all of the demons and maybe even Valentine himself."

Camael shakes her head, "So what does she want me to do?"

"She has Magnus Bane's help he is going to take the memories of any supernatural status out of Clarissa, instead of feeding it to the memory demon, she was wondering if you could keep them for her." Stephen looks at her, "I said I'd talk to you about it but we do owe her, I wouldn't be alive without Jocelyn's help, she picked me up and dragged me here after Valentine tried to kill me."

Camael sighs deeply, looking down a little guilty "I wish I could help but I can only use my powers to protect you and Alessandra. I am sorry but I cannot help."

Alice looks at Stephen, "Maybe I can help, mum said I am a natural with my powers, maybe I can help Clarissa and her memories."

They both turn to look at Alice, they had forgotten for a moment that she was in the room. "No-" Stephen started to say but at the same time Camael was saying, "That could work."

Stephen looks at Camael stunned, "You cannot actually be considering this?"

His wife looks back at him, "Yes I am, it is true she is a natural all I have to do is tell her the ancient rune and she can do it, I know she can Stephen."

"Ancient rune? You mean the runes that the angels use? She is part human remember!" Stephen questioned appalled.

Alice entered the conversation once again, "Dad please let me try! I want to help Clarissa, please let me." She pouted a little and looked innocent and adorable, she knew how to get around her father, and yet again it worked.

"Ok, if you think you can do it, you can try, but if it hurts or if something seems wrong you tell Magnus to stop, promise me." Stephen looks at his daughter in the eyes, so she knew this was serious business.

She smiles and nods, then hugs him tight, "I promise dad, I will make you proud you will see."

"You always do make me proud Alice, each and every day, I just wish sometimes you wouldn't grow up so fast." He kisses her forehead his eyes were watering with pride. He quickly wiped his eyes before realising Alice. "Alright, mum will teach you what you have to do, remember to listen carefully and if you don't understand anything ask your mum, remember this isn't training ok? I will go and call Jocelyn."

As Stephen leaves, Camael looks at Alessandra with total seriousness, "Alessandra, you listen carefully for this ok? Watch me draw this closely to, ok?"