Chapter 29: Fearless, Fierce, Fortified.

I would just like to wish everyone a Happy Holiday, I hope everyone had a good day. I thought I would give you all a little gift of my own and leave you with an update.

Alice had stood in the same place for five maybe ten minutes before she snapped out of her thoughts, her plans, how she would overcome what had happened, how she would focus on what needs to be done. She had to block everything up in the back of her brain, that means harder, harsher her, in this training session she wasn't going to be the understanding teacher. Not anymore, that person wasn't in her anymore. She couldn't be that person anymore. She had to be strong that means she couldn't hold emotional attachment, not anymore. She couldn't even go soft on her brother, especially not her brother.

She finally started to walk towards the training room, thinking they have to be ready for what is to come, I have to be harsh and hard on them for their own good. She turned a few corners then ran up the stairs taking three at a time. If I'm soft on them then they will be weak and soft in battle, my uncle wasn't soft on me therefore I cannot be soft on them. They maybe only half angel but they need to know what they are capable off, even if that means I have to push them to their limits.

Alice walks inside the training room expecting to see everyone in the room, but yet again someone was missing. Alec. She sighed deeply, her eyes were hard, locked, showing no emotion what so ever.

Isabelle, Clary and Jace were staring at her, or maybe they were waiting for her to explain what they were doing. "You should all know your weaknesses by now go train and get rid of the weakness, I cannot have weakness in this war. "Alice spoke harshly, spitting each word out.

They didn't budge they seemed to be in shock over her change of attitude. "Did I speak in a foreign language or something?" she bellowed. All of her students seemed to jump they started to train on their weaknesses. Isabelle and Jace were fighting, Jace trying to gain control of his cocky side whilst Isabelle tried to get her stance right, staying on the balls of her feet always seemed to be hard for Isabelle and Alice never understood how. She looked over to Clary who was at the range throwing knives.

After a few minutes Alice just shook her head, "By the angel! If you all don't step up and do better, we are going to get slaughtered! Jace stop taunting! It shows your insecurity and weakness."

Jace's head snapped towards Alice, anger built up inside him, "You taunted your mother when you fought! You may not have said it in words but you still taunted." He shouted to her which he instantly regretted, it was too soon to make references about her mother.

Alice shouted from where she was, "I did not taunt with words, I never showed any of my weaknesses did I?" When Jace didn't move she questioned again. "Did I!" she bellowed, everyone freezing, they didn't like this version of Alice.

Jace shook his head. Alice took a deep breath to calm herself down, walked forward and stopped in front of Jace. "I had a lot to prove, but I let my fighting speak for itself, you don't have time to use words, if you are able to still talk then you are not fighting hard enough, instead of talking and taunting start listening and observing, you can tell a lot from just watching, you can see who the alpha is you can see where their weakness is, if they have any wounds you can use against them, what their weakest move is, which foot they lead with when going for a blow. You can't do that if your talking." She spoke in an authority instructor voice but she wasn't shouting anymore. Alice paused for a moment looking around. "We aren't training with these training weapons anymore, we are going to train with real weapons, hopefully you'll start to realise how serious and important it is to train and listen and observe, everyone go and put your training weapons away." They all stare at her in shock, this was insane training with real weapons they could hurt each other or even kill each other, it was silent as if they were making sure Alice was being serious about training with real weapons.