Chapter 33: Preparation for War

Just thought I would warn you that this chapter is longer than usual! I got a little carried away with all of the preparations for this war, but hey you can never be too prepared for war, can you? Hope you all enjoy.

Alice had rearranged the sofas in the library so that they were angled facing in one direction, facing her, so that she knew she had the attention of every single soldier that was walking into battle with her. She didn't have to wait very long until all the shadowhunters came piling in. She looked each soldier in the eye as they sat down. She mentally noted down who was here.

Jace, Izzy, Alec, Magnus, Clary, Jocelyn. Alice was about to start when two other people came barging into the library. Robert and Maryse.

"Great, here we go." Alice muttered under her breath.

It didn't take long for Maryse to open her mouth, "What gives you the right to summon us all for a meeting?" Maryse blurted out. Every single person rolled their eyes and sighed, even her husband Robert.

Alice needed to take control of this situation quickly. "Maryse sit down and shut up. Then you will find out why we are all here. Many of you already know why you are here." Alice looked to all of the young shadowhunters, but Maryse was already yelling at her.

"How dare you speak to me in that manner! You are not in charge of this institute." Maryse was shaking in anger.

Everyone turned to look at Alice to see what sort of reaction she would give. Lately she was very unpredictable with her reaction especially towards the Lightwoods. "No." Alice spoke in a deadly calm voice. "But I am in charge of this mission, I have been in charge of this mission since I was 4, now you will sit down and be quiet or you can leave and not come on this mission." Alice spoke with authority yet again but it sounded deadly, as if she wasn't taking any more bullshit from her.

Maryse opened her mouth to speak but Robert just sat her down giving her the eyes to shut up. Alice looked at Robert and nodded in gratitude. "Thank you Robert. Now as we know Valentine is alive and deadly, he will be building a demon army as we speak, we do not know how great his army will be. I managed to take many out when myself and Jocelyn were taken hostage there, though there was still many there, he will have control of more demons by now. Which we all know is deadly, the more demons he controls the less power he has over them. He could lose control of these demons at any moment, if he keeps summoning these demons into this dimension and he loses control of them then there will be mayhem and disaster in this dimension. As shadowhunters we cannot allow this to happen, it is our duty to take control of this situation before it is too late."

Alice looks at each of the shadowhunters, her eyes landing on Jace's who was shining with pride and encouragement, that was when the voice she hated so much spoke up. "How do you know he will lose control? How do we even know you are telling the truth?" Maryse as always accusing Alice of lying.

Alice felt the presence of her Uncle, which she spoke to out loud, though he wasn't in the room just yet. "Uncle Raziel, your presence is not necessary, if you strip her of her powers then she will be no use to me in the war now will she?"

Raziel's voice echoed in the room. "Why do you let them trample over you Princess Alessandra?" he purposely used her royal name to show how powerful Alice is. "You are royal and they are peasants to you, yet you treat them as your equal and they treat you like this?"

Maryse's eyes widen in shock that Alice was a princess, but Alice replies to him. "I treat them as my equal because to me they are, they do the same job as me, they train like me, they devote their life to saving mundane's like me. I will not treat them as peasants just because one shadowhunter, a Lightwood, doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut. Now let me lead my soldiers into battle, I am not a child anymore. I can speak for myself, I do not need you interfering with these shadowhunters." She paused for a moment, she expected him to unleash anger towards her but to her surprised he was calm and content.