Chapter 27: Family

Jace looked at Alice stunned, "You could kill your own mother?"

Alice turned to look at him, her eyes were dark and cold, "Where has she been a mother to me, Jace?"

Jace opens his mouth then closes it again then opens it again, "She fed you, put a roof over your head, pushed you and trained you."

Alice shakes her head, "Our father fed me, our father put a roof over my head, she may have pushed me but not for the right reasons, and she never trained me once, she taught me angelic runes, which are extremely dangerous to a three to four-year-old, she led Valentine to me, that is why she wanted me to train, so she could hand me over to him, so that I would be ready and powerful for his plan, they didn't expect me to be as strong and hard to control as I am, they didn't want me to be stubborn they wanted me just to do as I was told. Even if I knew it was wrong, they didn't realise that all I needed was you and Magnus to keep me sane."

"So you would kill you mother?" Jace questioned again.

"To protect you and everyone under this roof." She stops just for a moment and thinks Could I really? For Jace defiantly. "Yes."

Camael's eyes widen, she wasn't expecting this at all, she needed forgiveness, she couldn't die by her own daughter's hand. "Raziel, Raziel please look at me, you have to forgive me, you can't let her kill me. I know I done wrong and I shouldn't have but please I do not need to die."

Raziel masked his face, though he was enraged inside, his own sister betrayed him...his niece. He could barely stand to be in the same room as her but he had to, if he ran away now it would be left completely to Alessandra. "Why should you be forgiven for your crime? I gave you extra power to protect our family instead you betray them. She is right, you do not deserve to live in this dimension or in our realm. You shall be vanquished here, in a duel."

Camael's mouth hangs open, "In a duel? You know I have no chance over you, we already know that."

Raziel shakes his head, "Not me, Alessandra, you need to know what you would have done if she wasn't so headstrong and smart, if she couldn't take whatever was given to her. You would have ended the world. So you will duel with the one that is going to save it." He looks at Camael then at Alessandra, then adds, "To the death."

Everyone was stunned into silence; Clary and Isabelle just stare at each other; in shock then slight excitement they were finally going to see the powers that angels yield. But Jace was anxious, his sister in a duel with her own mother, this could destroy her if she wins.

"Are you-" Was all Jace could speak before he was interrupted.

"This does not concern you Jace Herondale, this is an angel and a family matter, a Shadowhunter matter." Raziel spoke in command that sent shivers down Jace's spine.

Alice looks at her uncle, "There was no need to be rude about it." They stared at each other. To everyone it looked like they were daring each other to say another word about it, but instead they were speaking to one another.

I have never fought another angel before Uncle Raziel, how do you know I will win.

I know you will because for once this is all about power, your mother is weak especially when it comes to fighting, you however have experience in it, a lot.

Wonder what the bets are going to be like in your realm then? Alice cracks a little smirk.

Oh this will be real entertainment for them, but I promise you will be able to beat her, I would not make you fight her otherwise. Raziel finally looks away from her, and everyone in the room let out the breath they were holding.