Chapter 10: Great Escape

Jace had snuck out at night and headed to Magnus's place, they were both pacing back and forth after hearing the screams of Alice.

"We have to do something, I mean she was in agony, I do not care what she said we have to find a way to locate her." Jace was saying for the fifth time already.

"I have trusted her this far, if she says she will be here, she will be. I mean if she isn't here by tomorrow night then I promise we will find her." Magnus replied to him and finally sat down.

"You are putting your trust in a four-year-old! I mean I understand she is an extraordinary girl, but you are how old? In all of your time have you ever trusted someone this young?" Jace didn't mean to put his sister down but he was worried about her, he wouldn't be able to survive if he lost her before he even got to know her properly.

Magnus just sighed softly, "You haven't seen what I have seen, when I first met her I thought exactly the same way as you did and that soon changed when I saw what she could do, she has the looks of a child but the mind of a very wise person. She will figure a way out." Magnus says softly trying to keep the worry out of his voice but he failed.

"Yeah I guess you are right; can I stay here with you till she gets in touch with us again?" Jace asked with desperation in his voice.

Magnus nodded once, "Oh course, you can have the spare room if you need the rest."

* * *

Alice had been laying there, for what seemed like years being tortured but in reality it had been five hours. There wasn't a part of her skin that wasn't cut, her whole body was numb, but her brain was functioning faster than normal.

I have to get out of here, I have to...I cannot take this much longer, I will die if I stay here. He will do it even if it isn't his intention to.

Suddenly there was a male's voice in her mind, it wasn't Jace's nor was it Magnus's, the voice said, "You have the strength to open these shackles with your mind, you are meant to unlock it when you are older but you are right, you will not survive this if you do not escape. You are strong Alice; we all know that but even the strongest people have to fall eventually."

"Who are you? What do you mean with my mind?" Alice replied in her mind thinking this was all in her head.

"I am Raziel, and you have done it before, remember when your blade just appeared in your hand? You called it there with your mind. You just need to bring the unlock rune to your mind, come on I know this is hard, but focus Alice, you are our only hope to kill Valentine and Jonathan Morgenstern." The angel replied in her mind.

"I am dreaming aren't I? This is my unconsciousness trying to figure a way out so I don't give up isn't it? Angel Raziel doesn't come to Shadowhunters." Alice replied in her mind.

"Correction, I do not come to ordinary Shadowhunter, but you Alice are not an ordinary Shadowhunter, in fact you are my niece. I must admit what you have done is very brave, you have found out what you need to, now it is time to leave. Think of the rune Alice Herondale, he has left the room to get something, this is your chance, you have to think of the rune then take your stele and make a portal, go to Magnus Bane your ally or you will not survive." The angel ordered Alice. "Stay strong, I am always watching over you." The voice started to fade.

"No don't go please." Alice begged, but the voice was already gone, but she now had the determination to get the hell out this place.

She done as Raziel ordered her, she thought of the unlock rune, she thought of it with all of her mighty, she thought she was too weak for it after minutes went passed and nothing worked. Then, she felt them unlock around her arms and legs. She moved to the edge of the bed, and slid of the bed, her legs crumbling underneath her, she hit then back of her head on the bed as she fell to the floor.