Chapter 18: Sacrifice

Yes, I can hear you. Jace heard the reply though it sounded angry, no not angry furious.

Alice? What is wrong? He was frowning concerned she had just left 5 minutes ago, what could have possibly happened.

I will kill Valentine, I swear on Uncle Raziel, I will. Piece of fucking shit he is; I hope he burns in hell. Alice cursed in reply to him, she was so angry, Jace could feel it. He felt the anger she felt, he felt that she was in the presences of a demon or a few, he couldn't decipher how many, she must have that protected from him.

What is happening? You are hiding something from me, what can I not see? Jace was worried sick, he felt bile run up his throat, he couldn't lose her again, his head spinning.

They have Clarissa, where the hell is Jocelyn? Tell Alec and Izzy the plan, I think it will be happening tonight, expect a guest. Be ready to call Magnus, but not before I say to or your mother will know. Alice explained, quickly as if she was in a hurry to do something.

What? Who is Clar-? But she was gone. "Shit." Jace stood up and ran to his parabatai's room, he didn't even bother knocking, he just walked in. "Alec, when Alice comes through the institute doors you have to act like you have no idea who she is ok?" He says so quickly that he could barely understand a word he was saying never mind Alec understanding it, he pacing back and forth, putting his hand through his hair.

Alec frowns deeply, he had never seen Jace pace this bad, he never looked this helpless before, not before meeting Alice. "Why? What is going on?" He watches Jace pace back and forth a couple more times before practically shouting, "Will you stop pacing!"

Jace stopped pacing, looking at Alec, his eyes shining fear and worry, Izzy then stormed in looking tired, "What is all the yelling about?"

Alec turned to look at Izzy, "Jace just said that when Alice comes here we have to pretend we don't know her, though I have no idea why."

Jace looked at Izzy, "Shut the door, would you?" Izzy does as he commanded and walked to Alec's bed and sat next to him, they both stay quiet at Jace continued, "It is her stupid plan, I hate the frigin thing, but now I think she is in danger, she wasn't supposed to be doing the plan till tomorrow or something, but now she changed it, she said they have someone called Clarissa, I don't know who she is, but it must be someone Alice cares about."

"Plan? What plan?" The lightwoods ask in harmony looking confused.

"She wanted to be in my life, as a sister but Maryse the first time round that she found out about Alice, well she didn't believe it, not at all in fact she didn't trust Alice at all, no matter what Alice done. So since Maryse doesn't remember, and since Alice knows she abides by the law and rules, that she won't turn down an injured Shadowhunter, as we have to house any Shadowhunter that is injured. But she is going to have to get seriously hurt for her to need help, then we need to call Magnus after she tells us to, then I don't know if she has planned the rest, she said something about Angel Raziel, but anyways, something big is going down, she was furious and I don't know if she intends to get hurt badly, or since she has to save someone she cares for..." he starts pacing again. "Damn it!" he shouts throwing a dagger against the wall, putting his hands over his face.

* * *

Alice was flying through the sky looking down at the ground as she did to see what activity was going on below, her flying came to a sudden stop, when she saw a person she recognised, being held by a demon, was also surrounded by demons.

Fury instantly runs through her, as she lands on the ground, her wings wrapping round the front of her to shield her from the concrete that tore from the earth from her landing. The demon turned to look at her and grinned, "We have something of yours, do we not?"  it taunted.