Chapter 35: Battle Between Good and Evil

This chapter was very difficult for me to write, it has taken around 4 hours to write this chapter. I will warn you there isn't much fighting dialogue in this chapter, but I will make it all up to you next chapter; when we visit Alice's battle.

The shadowhunters came out the portal, Alice was nowhere to be seen. Maryse instantly thought she betrayed them. "I knew I shouldn't have..." she stopped talking when she saw Alice flying above them then suddenly scoops down to take out some of the demons that were already forming, they were all stunned standing for a few minutes just watching Alice. Using her powers to take out demons, keeping them distracted.

That was when the younger generation plus Magnus heard, are you just going to stand there and let me do all the work? You are shadowhunters, you are born and trained to fight not stand looking stunned.

That seems to snap the younger generation of shadowhunters, Jace and Clary seemed to take control of the situation. Clary snapped the others out of it. Whilst Jace took in the situation. They both spoke in harmony, "Formation! They are coming."

They all moved quickly into formation, Jace and Magnus where up front leading the formation into the battle.

Clary and Jocelyn were facing east ready to attack anything from that direction, whilst Izzy and Maryse where facing south, they were their defence from behind. They knew they couldn't let anything get the better of them from behind.

That left Alec and Robert facing west, taking the attack from the side.

The shadowhunters were in their formation walking forward together as one. Jace and Magnus looking ahead noticed that Alice must have realised they were ready as she was flying up away from the demons to her own battle. That was when Jace took in where they were. Idris? He is still in Idris? All of the shadow world were looking for him and he was right under their noses.

Jace took in the lake and the memory of Alice laying there taking in the beautiful stars. This is where she was taken...she was tortured here.

He completely forgot that he was connected to so many people, until Alice's voice came through, it is taking me everything not to let that rule me right now, please stop reminding me. Now focus on what is important right now.

Jace couldn't help but grin, she was taking this leader thing really well, she is an excellent leader. Snap out of it Jace! Concentrate, demons are heading right at you! Alice shouts through their bond.

Wait what? How does she...He looks ahead. "Oh crap." He mutters. All he saw was a hoard of imps and hellhounds heading this way, he pulls his seraph blade from his back and sliced the first demon across the chest, stabbed the next. Well, least we start with the weak ones. He thinks to himself.

Imps, where small demons, with pointy tails and pitch forks. Well some of them had this potion bottle in their hand. Which everyone was confused by, no one had seen those types of demons. Normally they are extremely easily to kill because there are normally only a few of them but here there were lots, like hundreds maybe even more.

Hell hounds, pretty much hell's dogs; they salivate fire and their breath was just smoke, they had fire bursting through their back. There claws were long and sharp, that could cut through any material, their claws were also poisonous, even the tiniest cut was deadly.

Damn, Alice always told me not to be cocky. Jace thought to himself.

There was so many, they were soon surrounded, they had to stay in one position to fight them all. That was when they came from above too.