Chapter 32: Partnership

Alice grins happily as Magnus needed her help, the power that they done together was so powerful and unheard of until they worked together. They truly became one when they worked together. "I was hoping you would say that! What do you need me for?"

Alec looks between them, "Whoa, whoa wait why do you need Alice's help, you are the warlock, you have never needed anyone's help before, is it truly this serious?" he was stunned, why does it take an Angel and a Warlock to help me? I mean shouldn't they hate each other I really do not understand these two.

They look at each other and smirk again. Magnus turns away to look through his bag to grab a book that he flicked through. "Yes I can do this spell one at a time, or I can ask Alice to run through your mind and track Valentine's location whilst I break the bond."

Alice raises her eyebrows impressed by the plan, looking at Alec wondering what it would be like to be inside Alec's brain, she tilts her head a little narrowing her eyes, "Sure, I have heard about that before, well I read it when it was away, I could end up trapped in Alec's head if you cut off the connection whilst I am still in there." Then she turns to face Magnus, "You are lucky I trust you."

Magnus grins, "Oh come on, you really think I would trap you in his mind? I am powerful I can keep it strong for 10 minutes or so, if I start to feel weak whilst you are still in there I will gain power from your brother."

Alec stares stunned, "What? She is not going through my head, no way! What the hell?" I am not letting an angel in my mind, no, no, no. I will not that happen, I have private things that no one should know. No! he thinks in his mind.

Alice chuckles, "It is either me or Magnus one of us is going in, I will let you chose, after all it is your thoughts, and memories and other stuff."

Jace looked at Alice then Magnus then he realised something, "Wait? Gain power from me? Shadowhunters don't have powers." Alice laughs which gained a very confused look from both Alec and Jace. Jace hated being laughed at, his hands turned into fist. "What! What is so funny?" he yelled at her, he has never shouted at Alice before.

Alice laughed for a few more seconds, then tried to control her laughter, Magnus was smirking trying to keep himself from laughing. Alice finally explain, "Of course you have power, what do you think runes are? They are your magic. Is that what everyone tells you? Is that what they say makes you different to Warlocks?"

"You mean downworlder's and demons?" Alec corrects which he instantly regretted.

Alice's eyes flashed an angry gold, walking, no stalking towards Alec, if looks could kill he would defiantly be dead by now. Magnus was suddenly pulling her back as if he knew what she was about to do. "Hey, hey Alice, come on you know what Lightwoods are like, come on, I don't need you defending me, I am 810 years old, I have put up with this for centuries."

Alice's eyes turn soft as soon as Magnus was talking, she turns to face him, sorrow was now in her eyes, "You shouldn't have to though, we accept who you are, we talked about this when I was away, my uncle agrees with me, you can't call the whole of a species because a few don't know how to control themselves. That is like all warlocks, fairies, trolls, werewolves and vampires calling all shadowhunters a vile name because of Valentine. You need to know it's not just me." She glances at Alec then looks back at Magnus and whispers, "the King of Angels believes we are equal too."

Magnus smiles big, picks her up and spins her around laughing, "Thank you so much Alice, you know how to cheer me up. Well partner, are you ready to become one once more?"

Alec looks confused at what made Magnus so happy, "What did you say to him? And no! I do not want you in my head!" Alec shouts angrily.

"Ah shit." Alice mutters, looking quickly at Magnus, "we have to be ready."