Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

"Hey, Tessa." I heard a deep, masculine voice from behind me. I turned around and lo and behold Danny Vick was standing behind me. He had a smug grin plastered on his chiseled face with his arms crossed, flexing his biceps.

Yeah, he was hot, but he's also a dick. And I would prefer Parker any day over any guy. Except maybe Josh Hutcherson.

I stopped my inner monologue when Danny said more words.

"Uh, Tessa?"

"Er, uh, what?" I asked.

"Well, I'm having a party next Friday and I was thinking that you should come. You can bring whoever you want. Even Rivers." He mumbled the last part.

I widened my eyes. It's not that I've never been to a party before but Danny's parties are always wild and out of control. I tend to avoid them, but lately I had been feeling reckless.

I thought long and hard about my decision and decided easily on it. "I'll talk to Parker about it." I said. Danny smiled a real smile.

"Great. I hope you can come." He winked then left to a group near us full of junior girls.

I jumped when I felt a warm body pressed up to my back, snaking their arms around me. The sparks and tingles signaled it was Parker, back from the bathroom.

"What did Vick want?" He growled.

I chuckled. "Nothing, love. Just inviting us to a shin dig next week." I leaned into him and looked up to his eyes. He didn't look pleased.

"What did you say?"

"I said I'd talk to you about it then get back to him on it later." I kissed his cheek. He calmed a little when the bell rang.

"We'll talk about this later, yes?" He decided. I smiled and nodded. We walked me to my photography class and kissed my lips quickly. "I love you." He said slowly. I grinned.

"I know." I turned to walk away, feeling like a badass, when he tugged me back to his body.

"That's it?" He asked with mock hurt.

"What's it?" I said, feigning innocence.

"I pour my heart out to you and all you say back is 'I know'?" He pouted adorably.

I reached up and gave him a long passionate kiss that left us both breathless. I whispered into his ear when we pulled apart. "I love you, too." I pulled away. "Now shoo, get to class, mister." I turned around to go into my class before we both were late.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Photography and lunch went by uneventfully as usual, besides the glares from Emily and the hurt expressions from Ty. I would only roll my eyes then turn my attention back to my friends and boyfriend. Danny, Logan and the rest of the jocks tended to eat with us a lot lately, making our table more crowded. Not that I really minded as long as Parker was by my side.

Now we were driving home, Parker's hand planted firmly on my thigh and his other on the wheel.

"Parker?"

"Hmm?" He responded, drawing circles and patterns now on my leg.

"Why don't we ever take your motorbike anywhere anymore?" It had been at least a month since I last ride it, or even him.

"I don't know, babe. Why are you asking?"

"No reason." We rode back home in a comfortable silence. When we pulled in I saw my mom and dad's car parked in their driveway. Parker sighed.

"You need to talk to them, baby." He said.

"I don't want to." I replied childishly.

"It's been almost two months. Your mom is probably over the fact you won't marry Andrew and your dad really likes me. You should go over today."

"But what if she isn't over it? What if she makes me break up with you and makes me marry him?" He physically tensed.

"It won't happen. Now go." I hadn't even realized we were walking towards my house, let alone at the front door. Parker kissed me and muttered a good luck then stalked back to his house. I sighed then knocked on the door.

I heard a shuffling then the unlocking of the front door. It opened to reveal my mother, a shocked expression on her beautiful face and her brown curls bouncing freely on her shoulders.

"T-tessa?" She stuttered.

"Hey, mom." I replied. Not a second later she pulled me into a tight embrace, crying hardly and freely.

"I'm so so so so sorry, sweetheart. Your father talked some sense into me and put me in your shoes. I realized how much I would hate to be forced into marriage and how awful that could be. I can't imagine myself marrying and loving anyone but your father. Please forgive me and come back home." I was stunned at her breathless apology. She was still sobbing. Her face now red and wet with tears. I started crying on my own.

"And I'm sorry mom. I know why you'd want it so badly but I love Parker. I really do and I want you to love him too like daddy does. I'm just so sorry I ran away but please don't make me marry Andrew. Please." I begged. Then she started laughing. She actually was laughing!

"Uh, mom?" I was a little freaked out.

"Oh, honey I couldn't even if I wanted to. He's marrying some actress he met on a business conference in L.A. I think her name was Jennifer Lawrence or something. She's a pretty girl and I guess they're in love." Widened my eyes in shock. For one he was marrying like my favorite actress and he moved on from me! Thank god!

"Oh, wow. That's great. But what about our business."

"We bought a huge amount of stocks and now we're back on top." A new voice came into our conversation. I looked behind my mom and saw my blue-eyed father.

"Dad!" I ran up to hug him.

"Hi, princess. Don't worry, you'll get your fairy tale ending." He said into my ear. I sighed with relief.

My mom joined our hug and we were back. I made up with my mom and now we were back.

Back to a family.
*************

Sorry that my chapters are getting shorter but I'm excited for one chapter that I'm gonna be writing in this and I'm like holding in all my writing to make that chapter freaking amazing! This was more of a filler and pretty uneventful but at least her and her mom and Andrew got stuff fixed! Hurrah!

Keep reading and vote and comment ad all that great jazz.

Just to let you know I love you for reading this. It means so much. :)

-Leah<3