Chapter Twenty-One

Dedication goes to Jahnaezha129!

Chapter Twenty-One

It was Wednesday at lunch and Parker and I were walking away from my locker, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. I had just put my textbooks away and was now laughing at his story of Megan chasing their new puppy around the house. My laughing, however, was cut short by a certain psychopathic, fake-brunette. Her used to be green now blue eyes glared at me then Parker's arm around me.

Have you guess who it is yet? Ding ding ding! You're correct!

It is the ever so lovely Emily. Note the sarcasm.

Her glare wiped away at the sound of Parker's, normally silky, smooth, voice but now it was hard and full of annoyance. He had called her name and now she had a 'seductive' smile slapped on her makeup plastered face but it looked more like she was squinting at the bright sun while smelling horse shit.

"Hi, Parky." I winced at her high pitched voice and Megan's nickname for my boyfriend.

I noticed Parker winced as well. he sighed and placed his free hand on the bridge of his nose.

"Dare I ask, what do you want, Emily?" He asked exasperatedly.

She giggled unpleasantly. "Well..." she elongated the 'ell' part of well. "I want a lot of things." She took a step closer. "Would you like to hear them?" she didn't give us enough time to deny her question and continued on.

"1) I want a black Mercedes for my birthday.

2) I want to meet Josh Duhamel and have him recite something from 'Safe Haven' to me.

And most importantly," she paused in a sickly sweet voice with a forced smile upon her caked face, "3) I want you, Parker. And I always get what I want. Believe me, I'll see you both Friday night I guess." She skipped away with an unpleasant giggle to her group of whores to do god knows what.

I looked at Parker and saw his eyebrows were furrowed and his pink lips were pulled into a frown. I took my fingers and pulled his frown into a smile and pushed his perfect eyebrows back to normal. I admired my handiwork and saw that now Parker was genuinely smiling and laughing at my weirdness.

"You didn't look good with that expression on your face." I explained, shrugging.

"You're something, you know that?" He laughed.

I grinned. "I know I am. I'm smart, hilarious, sexy, cute-" I was cut off from my conceited rant from Parker pushing his index finger to my lips.

"I know you are. Now hush and let's eat something for the remainder of our lunch period." He said, dragging me away by interlocking our hands to the cafeteria.

He picked out a Caesar salad and vitamin water for me while he got a burger and cola for himself. I was about to pay when he of course paid for me as well. I scowled, this being our usual routine, while he gave me a cocky grin.

We walked out of the lunch line and I saw Emma waving us over to where only her and Logan sat for once, everybody else was at the table in the middle of the cafeteria.

When I finally approached our table and sat down I asked Logan and Emma about it and they only shrugged as if to say 'oh well, it's better this way' and I could only agree.

Parker placed his large, warm hand on my arm drawing an unknown pattern on it. I looked up at him and smiled, however his face was more worry some.

"What's wrong?" I asked quietly, even though Emma and Logan were in their own world with Logan stealing Emma's fries and her playfully yelling at him for it. They were just too cute.