Chapter Nineteen

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"-Augustus Waters, "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green

Thanks adriannaschlecht and Slowly_Breaking for making me endure the emotional pain and joy in that book.

Chapter Nineteen

"I'm gonna miss waking up to your beautiful face." Parker mumbled while hugging me goodbye. I laughed.

"I'm living twenty feet away. I think we can manage." I said. Yep. I was moving back in with my parents since we made up two days ago.

"I can't. Well, actually one perk would be no more morning breath from you." He chuckled and ruffled his hair, grinning a lopsided smile.

I scoffed. "Oh please, yours could make Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street run for the hills." I said, referring to the green garbage can puppet from the children's' show.

He laughed loudly at that then embraced me for the millionth time that day. "I love you." He mumbled against my hair.

"I love you more." I said into his warm, familiar chest.

"Impossible." He said, retreating from me. "Now get your cute little butt into your house. See you tonight!" He kissed me as if it were our last kiss then dashed for his house.

I sighed contently then trudged into my own pale, blue house.

"So, waffles and sausage for dinner?" My dad asked. He loved breakfast for dinner but I wasn't one to complain. We haven't had a family dinner in over two months so I'd gladly accept peas covered in squid if it meant my mom, dad, and I could actually eat together.

"Yeah, dad. That sounds great." I smiled at him. Everything is finally looking up.

My dad retreated into the kitchen to work his breakfast-dinner magic while my mom and I sat on our leather couch, discussing what's going on in our lives. She frowned when I told her about Ty.

"Why was he acting that way in the first place?" My mom asked, referring to Ty being a player and now acting like a hurt puppy whenever he sees me.

"I don't know. It's really weird, mom. I just don't get it. He's never been this way. He was always Ty. Sweet, innocent, best friend Ty. But now he's not. It annoys me how he's a jerk one moment but then we lock eyes and-" my rant was interrupted by the house phone ringing and my dad answering.

"Hello?" His deep voice echoed through the house. "Oh, hey Ty!" Speak of the devil. "Yeah I'll get her. Tessa! It's Ty!" I groaned.

Great.

"Ugh, I'll be right there!" My mom shot me a sympathetic look while I got up to answer the phone. I drug my feet the whole way to the kitchen, groaning incoherent words until I got the phone.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Look, Tessa I'm so sorry. Please, I-I miss you. I miss my...." He trailed off. "Best friend." He sounded hurt by the last two words.

"Well maybe you should've called me back and told me what's been going on Ty! And the way you say best friend, you make it sound bad!"

I heard him groan loudly and long, annoyed. "It's because it is! I have loved you for three years and you've been too daft to notice!" He shouted at me.

I laughed. "Well I guess you fucked up any chances." I hung up. I was so mad at him and I didn't want to deal with it, especially because Parker was picking me up after dinner to go to Logan's for his annual back to school bash. Then we were going to Danny's next weekend since Logan and him are best friends. Too many parties. Ugh.

I finished dinner with my parents, which was delicious, and none of them asked about my phone call with Ty. My mom had filled my dad in with how he's been behaving and he was a little mad at Ty but was handling it smoothly.

I excused myself from the dinner table to take a long bubble bath before getting ready. I had an hour before I actually had to get dressed so I took my phone with me to read a book.

I was currently reading "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green and let me just say its an emotional roller coaster and I have about ten chapters left, I wanted to finish it first. Augustus Waters made my heart melt slowly with his sly jokes and goofy smiles.

I opened my book on my phone, smiling as Hazel and Gus said "okay" back and forth when I was rudely interrupted by a certain pretentious boyfriend of mine. I sighed but still answered, since you know, I kinda do love him.

"Hey, beautiful. I'm getting a rather boring yet fascinating view from my window at the moment." I could hear a smirk in his voice, I didn't like it.

I looked around and saw that the window by my bathtub was open, the blinds drawn up as well. I normally closed then precisely for this reason. Parker was smirking with his phone pressed against his ear.

"Shit. Thank god for bubbles then." I said, laughing yet slightly embarrassed.

"No. Curse The Lord for bubbles." He said. "So what are you reading?" He asked me.

I went into the basic synopsis of TFIOS, how Hazel has cancer and falls for another cancer patient and how much I cry and laugh. He chuckled amusingly.

"You're such a girl." He said. I scoffed.

"And you're such a boy." I stuck my tongue out at him then hung up, closing the blinds as well. He texted me.

<:(WHY DID YOU TAKE MY SHOW AWAY, PRINCESS?> I laughed at his text then continued with my book.
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

"By mom and dad. I'll be home whenever and yeah!" I shouted as I walked towards the door, drawing my coat on. "Love you!" I added as I walked out the door to Parker's car.

"You look as radiant as ever, Tessa." Parker announced in a posh accent as I entered his car.

I was wearing a short, black bodicon skirt with a loose white tank top with a small pocket on the breast with some white pumps with black on the toes. I curled my hair loosely and applied smokey make up, adding a leather jacket to complete it.

"Thanks." I said sheepishly and blushed. "You look nice too." I added.

He was wearing a white button down and black dress pants. We practically matched but he still took my breath away.

The drive to Logan's was about fifteen minutes. We drove up to a decently large house with no noise. How weird.

Then again it was Danny's parties that normally are crazy. Logan's, I heard, were still extremely fun but more mature, only a select group invited.

We got up to the door and knocked. It was answered by Logan and Emma, his arm wrapped tightly around her waist. They both beamed brightly at us.

"Hey guys! Come in, Francois! Take their coats please!" He yelled when a short, French butler came and grabbed Parker and I's coats and walked away. "I know it isn't like most high school parties but I still have alcohol. Lets go play never have I ever! Yes?" Logan asked.

"Okay." I smiled. He led us into a small room filled with about twenty other boys and girls, music playing loudly. How had we not heard this before?

"Sound proof walls." Logan explained, reading my mind. I nodded. That made sense.

We sat in a circle with seven others, Danny, Jamie, Logan, Emma, and two other girls of Emily's group and another jock. I think his name was Tim.

"Never have I ever kissed someone of the same sex." Danny slurred proudly. Jamie and the two other girls drank. We raised our eyebrows.

Jamie shrugged. "What happens in sleepovers stays in sleepovers." She said. "My turn!" She squealed annoyingly. Ugh. "Never have I ever..." Then the game went on like this we all were getting pretty intoxicated.

"Never have I ever watched someone sleep." I said, running out of things to say so I still had to drink my vodka and cranberry. Parker, me, Danny, and Tim drank. Parker and I gave each other knowing looks, knowing we both have watched each other sleep.

He was too cute not to watch!

Hours later Parker and I were dancing drunkly to The Dirty Heads, "Dance All Night". We were having a lot of fun.

I didn't think of Ty for the rest of the night.

"I love you." Parker whispered in my ear.

"I love you more."

"Impossible."
*************

Hey guys! It's been about a week since my last update! Sorry it's taking so long:/

I got 1,000 reads this week and that's so exciting to me!!:D I love you all!

This story has exactly nine chapters left and an epilogue. I know I said it was going to be shorter but I just put together the main events that happen in each chapter and it resulted in nine plus epilogue. There might be only seven plus an epilogue but I want to make it nine.

So yep.

Vote vote vote vote vote vote vote!

Comment comment comment comment!

Follow me! Message me!

Night, lovelies:)

-Leah<3

Oh and thank you, again adriannaschlecht and Slowly_Breaking for making me read "The Fault in Our Stars": my new favorite book.
.