Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

"Tessa, call me, love." Delete.

"Tessa? Hello? You okay?" Delete.

"Tessa, seriously." Delete.

"Tess-" Delete.

"Love-" Delete.

I think you get the picture.

It was the morning after the dreadful party where I walked in and saw Parker kissing Emily. He'd been calling me nonstop all morning and has left me over twenty messages, so many that my inbox for my voicemail stopped taking messages since it was so full.

I can't believe he would have the nerve to call me! Didn't he know what he did?

Maybe he didn't. He could've been drinking. Chided the small, reasonable voice in my head.

Or he was done with you. It was all just an act and since you didn't out out he needed to replace you.

That voice sounds more right to me. He was a player after all and apparently is still one. Did he ever stop? Was he sleeping around behind my back for the last three months? Probably.

"Ughhh!!!" I screamed in frustration. I was pissed. Furious. And more than everything: heartbroken.

I gave him my heart with a shiny ribbon to go with it and what do I get?

Betrayal.

But what was even better about this was he was acting like nothing happened. He's just gonna pretend it didn't happen probably because he had been doing it the whole time we've been together.

Bum bum bum bum da dum bum da dum...

My new ringtone for Parker rang throughout my dark room, Darth Vader's theme song. I was laying in bed, blankets covering me wearing a UC Berkeley tshirt and some sweats I bought at a gas station in Canada that said "Ayyyyye" on the bum with "Happy Days" down the leg. My hair was in a knotted pony tail and I had Lana Del Ray playing low on my stereo, hoping to take some of her girl power and using it but it worked as much as my relationship did.

It didn't.

I pressed ignore on my phone and went back to sulking. When I got home last night after my ride home with Jake my mom noticed my distressed state and asked what happened but before I could say anything I just broke down to tears. She hugged me softly and rubbed my shoulders, whispering endearing things into my ears. She led me up to my room wear I only changed and I haven't seen or done anything since.

Knock knock.

"Tessa, sweetheart? You ready to talk about last night?"

Bless my mom. She hadn't been bothering me since she saw me with all my walls down, giving me the space I needed since she didn't want to push any boundaries after what happened during the summer.

I closed my eyes and sighed, I had to tell her at some point. Maybe I'll just get over with it now.

"Yeah, come oh in, mom." I grumbled. I straightened up and leaned onto my headboard, not caring about my appearance.

She slowly and hesitantly walked into my disastrous room where tissues were thrown carelessly near the bin, my blankets pushed onto the bottom of my bed helplessly, and me looking like any stereotypical heartbroken teenager. I wasn't even this bad with Jake and we were together for over a year and he was gay!

Supposedly.

"Oh, honey!" My mom exclaimed. She ran over to my side where I didn't even bother looking at her and could feel the bed dip with her weight as she sat beside me.