Chapter Twenty Six **Parker's POV**

Chapter Twenty Six

Parker's POV

"We're done, Parker, now leave me alone." She said coldly and hopped into her mom's car, leaving me hurt, confused, and heartbroken.

What?

I absolutely did not kiss Emily last night! Actually, all I remember from last night was Tessa disappearing and me handed a beer that I chugged.

Wait.

Oh god, I could've kissed her! There could've been something in that drink and my retarded, dysfunctional, drunk mind could've mistaken her as Tessa and-

Oh my god, I screwed up big time.

That's why Jake came over, which was beyond weird, but I mean he was all vague saying how Tessa hated me but wouldn't give me a reason for why.

That also explain the little Aerosmith episode this morning. Well then. This sucks.

I trudged slowly back to my house and landed face down on my bed. I felt my sheets get damp with my silent tears and all I could hear was Tessa's voice cracking when she told me we were done.

No. I'm not doing this at home. Megan and my mom would ask questions and it'd be too complicated, plus my mom would slap me senseless for doing that to Tessa.

I picked up my phone and did the one thing I never thought I'd do since he left five years ago.

"Hello?" A husky, deep, all too familiar voice answered.

"Uh, is-is this Leo Rivers?" I questioned back.

"Yes, who's speaking?"

"Parker."

Silence.

"P-Parker? M-my son, Parker?" he stuttered.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "Yes that Parker. Listen I need a place to stay and I'll explain when I get there but please just give me your address." I said into the phone, already packing a bag.

"Yeah, of course. It's 1116 November Drive off of Midway Avenue."

"Okay, bye."

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

I drove up to the small, quaint house of 1116 November drive and admired the small house. It was light green with white trim and a white picket fence surrounding the perimeter of the property. It had flower beds surrounding the stone pathway up to a small deck.

I rang the doorbell, putting my shaky, sweaty hands into my black peacoat and heard a woman's voice.

"One minute!"

I waited patiently until the door opened, the aroma of gingerbread cookies wafting around me and felt the warmth of the indoors. The small woman had giant grin on her beautiful face and recognition clear in her bright, blue eyes.

"Oh, hi, sugar! My name's Marilyn and you must be Parker!" By the way her r's were sounding more like 'ah' I'd guess she grew up in the south. I smiled down at her, a woman barely 5'5 with blond ringlets to her waist and a kind smile told me she wasn't a day over 32 at most. My step-mom.

"Uh, yeah. Nice to meet you." I pulled my hand out to shake her dainty one and she did do fervently.

"Well come on in!" She took my backpack and coat and led me up the stairs to a small, blue room. The full sized bed had a down feather, white comforter placed upon it. "Here you are. Make yourself comfy! your daddy'll be home in 30, dinner's in sixty." She smiled.

"Thanks, Marilyn." She bounced out and went downstairs.

I unpacked my few clothes into the dresser and plugged my phone in, hoping for any missed calls from a certain brunette.

******************

Ta da! I'll have more Leo next chapter!

-Leah<3