Part Thirty

Chapter Thirty

A/N Sorry at the delay with this chapter, been on vacation to the Big Apple, too hectic to continue writing, so I had a little hiatus. This is a shortish chapter, but felt that I needed to get something to appease you guys.

Thanks for reading, x

Nicole smiled at the sight of Maxim, his face was flushed, and she knew this was a little awkward for him, so she decided to make it worse. Jumping to her feet, she crossed the room and grinned, "meet Noah." With that she held the baby, wrapped up in a blanket into his arms. For a moment pure panic swept across him, and she liked the evidence that he was human like the rest of them. But within a few seconds he'd secured him against his chest and was cooing at the baby.

Kim stared at her, her eyes wide for a moment, then she offered a surreptitious thumbs up at what was rapidly becoming an idyllic sight. Nicole rolled her eyes, but all the same she was glad to lower herself to the edge of the bed.

When Maxim lifted his eyes he had a rather soft expression on his face, "he's beautiful Kim, congratulations."

He handed the baby back to her a little less awkwardly then turned to Nicole, "it's a long time since I have held a baby."

He didn't elaborate on that, but there was no silence, Kim was grinning inanely, "so what have you got planned for today? Are you going out on a...date?"

Nicole knew she was blushing, she seemed to spend a lot of time doing that in Maxim's presence, but this was typical of Kim, forcing a situation, embarrassing her. She knew that her friend had her best interests at heart, but on times, she didn't truly think of the effect that it would have on her. This was a typical example.

Maxim, however, merely chuckled, "you want to live vicariously through your friend now that you have a baby?"

It could have sounded accusing, presumptuous and judgemental coming from the wrong person, but delivered with charm and his dazzling smile, it just made Kim giggle and Mike roll his eyes.

"You just about got her figured out Chertov."

Maxim glanced down at Nicole, and she hated that she was still heated with her embarrassment, "what did we agree in the end? Cinema or the park?"

Sighing Nicole gave a half shrug, "it's too sunny to spend the evening in a cinema."

He turned back to Kim, "so it seems like we're spending the afternoon in the park...then dinner in a nice little place I know. You want me to send you some updates?"

Kim giggled, "you would wouldn't you?"

When he nodded, Nicole elbowed him in the ribs, "NO, he won't."

She dragged him from the room after kissing her friend and cooing at Noah one more time, then scowled at him as he tugged on her arm to slow her down.

"That's NOT funny! Either of you..." but her words were stemmed by Maxim's lips landing on hers. His arms slid around her stopping any chance she had to push him away, but she wasn't angry, she was confused and embarrassed. And once his lips met hers, any fight left her. He was a great kisser, and a million memories tried desperately to penetrate the fog that his mouth and tongue were creating. But she didn't want to be anywhere else.

Once again it was he who pulled back. His forehead rested against hers, his eyes on hers.

"I've been wanting to do that since we left your house earlier, you really are SO sexy."