Part Fifty Seven

Chapter Fifty Seven

How the hell you managed to dress, to focus, to clean your teeth when the whole of your body was buzzing with anticipation of what was to come, she had no idea. But she managed it...just. All fingers and thumbs, shaking hands and racing heart. None of her bikinis were suitable for her condition, so she'd bought a new one, a bikini top that had a light frill that made it look like a tankini and covered her belly as she wanted. There were two other more extravagant ones she'd borrowed from Kim, but she wasn't sure that her blooming breasts would fit in them. It took her ages to get the swimwear on, her fumbling fingers failing repeatedly, then she found a kaftan and a wide brimmed sun hat, she wasn't fair skinned, not overly, but this pregnant body didn't ever react as she expected.

She had suntan lotion, but knew she'd have to rely on Maxim for the hard to reach places. She wished she could have a stiff whisky before that happened. No chance.

Maxim was sat across the lounge from her, perched on the arm of a chair wearing the same shades of blue board shorts as earlier, but now a pale vest covered his body, a bonus as she was struggling to concentrate around him, but it did leave his arms and shoulders bare for her perusal...another thing to deal with. Taking a deep breath she boxed off her desire for him, all the emotions, instead she sauntered towards him.

"All set?"

He'd studied her from the moment her door had opened, but as she moved he gave a long low wolf whistle, "you look...edible."

That made her flinch, visibly. He gave a little chuckle as he reached to tuck a stray curl behind her ear, "and I love that...the blush."

He cupped her cheek for a moment, then bent to place a kiss on her nose, "I love you Nicole."

Before she had chance to respond, he grabbed her beach bag in one hand, her hand in the other, and led her outside.

As promised, one of the bellboys drove them around the site. It was a large complex with several lagoon pools and a large white beach, but there weren't many villas. Lots of space for a small amount of residents. It was then that Nicole realised just how extravagant the trip was. Their guide showed them the scuba diving and jetski shack, as well as the eight hole golf course that was adjacent, but not strictly part of the complex.

By the time they got back to the terrace of their villa, a huge buffet breakfast had been laid out for them.

Once they were sat and had tucked into

the hot drinks, fruit juice and food, she smiled up at Maxim.

"What?" he asked nervously.

She smiled what she knew was coyly, "I'm just realising how much this holiday cost."

He shrugged, "nothing that my father didn't owe us..." Then the tension eased from his head and he smiled, "and nothing less than you deserve. So don't doubt that. Ok?"

When she didn't answer, he added, "if I could change what happened I would. I hate that I let you down."

She dipped at her tea for a moment then smiled, "I told you, I have realised over the last few days that if you HADN'T gone then we wouldn't both be sitting here, happy and relaxed."

He spotted her hand fall self consciously to her stomach and he reached across the table and grabbed her other hand, "I would NEVER have let him hurt you...or the baby. He'd have failed in whatever he did...and if I had to I would have killed him myself." When she gulped he groaned, "that doesn't mean that being with him has worn off on me...it's just I would do anything for you. OK?"