Chapter 6: His

Slight use of abusive words ahead.

I could only see red, it had been twelve hours but my rage had in no way simmered down. The parking lot at St Catherine looked just the way it had the last time I saw it. It made it easier to spot a certain brown haired girl casually standing against an unaware boy.
I saw her eyes visibly widen upon seeing my breathing form and mine; narrow. If only looks could kill.

"You bitch!" I roared, my anger escalating with every step I took in her direction. Her every wince feeding the fire.
"Stop creating a scene, Delphi." Sylvester said looking at me blankly, if I had not been in my state, I would have perhaps noticed the concern under the nonchalant cover.

"Shut up." I growled at him but before he could retaliate I turned to the one who had caused all the turmoil.

"Are you crazy? I told you, you can have his worthless ass all to yourself but you go ahead and get trained killers to kill me? They were humans! Are are absolutely off the rockers? You wanted to kill someone just because she is the mate of someone you are dating? You need to go to rehab and get help."

"What are you talking about? " Sylvester questioned, this time it wasn't hard to read the worry on his face but I could see the panicked look on Merlyns face and that had my attention.

It seemed rather ridiculous that she assumed a few killers would be the end of me. I could in no way trace her trail of thought.

"I'm talking about your crazy girlfriend sending gangsters to kill me," I scowled at him. "And don't try denying it, I have seen the contract, infact mailed a copy to your father and the dean. Enjoy your time in jail, Merlyn." I spat with disgust.

"Merlyn, is this true?" Sylvester questioned the girl beside him. His tone was clearly on the edge. It looked as though he was balling his fist to refrain from causing damage to the girl in-front of him. Jake was on his side in a flash, he was assessing the situation. I could see his eyes darting from one place to another, building up a scenario in his mind. Perhaps, wondering if his Alpha needed restraining.

"Oh, no, I'm a freaking idiot who loves to run around telling people I was a victim of  unprovoked attempt to muder. But what else can I expect from you, as I had said yesterday. You both are perfect for each other, low lives. How can you even live with yourself, Merlyn? Knowing you killed someone?" I looked straight in her shock filled eyes. My words might have been harsh but I had been burnt once by the fool and I was not going to make it a habit, whatever his eyes might try to tell me.

" I-I," She stuttered looking scared and shaken. If she hadn't tried killing me, I would have felt bad for her.
"I'm sorry." She whispered, running away.

"Hey, looks like you need a new toy. Make sure to check if she is psychotic this time." I chuckled bitterly at what looked like a flabbergasted Sylvester. I turned around to walk away but a strong hold stopped me.

"Are you okay?" Even if he hadn't opened his mouth I would've known it was him. The scent that engulfed me, the tingles that shot up my arm, the whimpering of my wolf were all signs that screamed mate.

"Why wouldn't I be? I don't have feelings, do I?" I yanked my arm out of his hold and walked to where friendly familiar faces gathered.

"You look like shit." Brody commented trying to lighten up the tense atmosphere, though at that point I didn't catch that.
"Thanks, I should have tried the make up but I was too busy staying alive." I growled brushing my hand through my hair. Brody brought up his hands in fake surrender.

After threatening the guys longer by means I would rather not recall, they told me that they were trained killers and had been asked to terminate me by someone with a lot of power.