Chapter 14: A New Mystery

Sylvester's POV ( A/N Too awesome, yes)

When I rang the bell of my mate's house it was half past noon. It seemed like an apt time to be visiting, well, as much as it could be. I was never really welcome, so the time was hardly the deciding factor for the scowl on Mrs. Westworld's face.

"Yes?" Mrs. Westworld opened the door and her expression was anything but inviting.

"Good morning, Mrs. Westworld. Is Delphi here?" I asked.

"Even if she was here, what makes you think you can see her?" The scowl was a constant on her face, not that I blamed her. The hatred was coming off of her in angry waves.

"Ma'am, please. I've made some mistakes in the past and I am not denying them. I'm trying to pay for them." I replied looking at her in the eye. My words sounded sincere, but they were hardly worth forgiving someone for.

"My daughter doesn't deserve this. Come inside, Alpha. I have a certain things to share with you." She turned and walked away. I followed her inside feeling quite unsure of myself for the first time in my life.

"Delphi was always a head strong girl. She is independent and confident, no doubt. But her personality wasn't always like this. She wasn't always so strong." She sat on the sofa and indicated for me to do the same.
I seated myself opposite to her and urged her to continue the story.

"She had many insecurities when she was little but then, she also had Ethan." I frowned at the mention of the name again.

Time and again I had wondered who Ethan was and what relationship he held with this family. The way Mrs. Westworlds eyes shone with pride and tears I understood that this story doesn't take a happy turn but a heroic one.

"Ethan helped her grow strong. See herself. She wanted a mate so much, Sylvester. During her younger days she would pled me to tell her stories of how mates met and lived together. She dreamt of a happy ending. I'm afraid that girl got lost through the passage of time." Mrs. Westworld rubbed her hands together and look down at them avoiding my curious eyes.

"She has gone through so much. But as they say, great tragedies make great people. You added to her open wounds, Sylvester. I don't know what you had told her when you were rejecting her but it hit a nerve. She will never forgive you for that. And even if she does. She will never forget. " Mrs. Westworld stopped fiddling with her hands and looked at me, her eyes shining with unshed tears.

"You've done enough damage. Please, just leave her alone. She has gone through too much." Seeing a mother cry over the difficulties her child faces is a very painful task.

I felt my heart get heavier at every word that left her mouth. I could feel the pain in her words.

"I'll make it better, Mrs. Westworld. I promise. I will take your daughters pain away. I was stupid to have thought of rejecting her before. I wouldn't make any other mistake." I put my heart's emotions in the words hoping she would see the sincerity in them and grant her permission.

"I don't know why, but I believe you. I'm putting my trust in you, Alpha. Please don't make me regret it. " She said standing from her seat.

"One more question."

"What is it?"

"Who is Ethan?" I saw her eyes harden and a stone cold expression form.

"That is none of your business." She said. Her sudden change in emotions confused me but I knew not to poke my finger in others lives.

"Thank you, Mrs. Westworld. I promise I will not hurt your daughter. " I spoke the words with assertiveness and truthfully. I wasn't going to hurt her before either but I think my reassurance lowered her worries.