Chapter 20: Curiosity

Delphi's POV

11th December 2010
Dear Diary,
Looking at you reminds me of my mate who is somewhere in the world right now living her life. I don't write often, what should I write about anyway? I haven't seen her, and she hasn't seen me. We'll not meet till I'm two years older. She's the first thing I think about and the last thing I sleep with. The wait is killing me but I guess that is what makes it magical. Like always, hope to meet her soon.
Over and out.
Sylvester.

27th May 2011
Dear Diary,
I've met the most magical girl- Merlyn. She and her family just moved to our pack and her presence is absolutely breathtaking. She's everything I could've dreamt of, a perfect fit for the description of my mate. She has the brown hair, the mesmerising laugh. I think I've found her, finally. I wouldn't know for another year but, there is something that tells me that she is the one. She's so beautiful and kind. No words can contain her beauty and oh god so help me because she's all mine.
Over and out.
Sylvester.

My hands trembled at the mention of the name of the girl I had come to loathe, she wasn't his everything. She was just placed at a right time in his life, when he wanted someone to fill the gap his dreams left. His long description of her beauty wasn't my idea of a good read. But I could empathise with the emotions. I had longed for a mate too.

A naïve boy of fifteen would find it impossible to see the difference and he must have been so enchanted by the idea of having a mate, he wouldn't have even guessed the signs.

Not a while ago had I sat with the diary and flipped through the pages. They surely explained quite a few things but it wasn't a reason enough for him to live on with believing she was his mate, he would realise when he was sixteen.

The curiosity fueled me to read on, and so I did.

4th September 2011
Dear Diary,
I don't know love as yet but the way Merlyn made me feel was certainly close enough to my idea of it. Spending time with her has shown to be for the better. And even though it's awkward to pin down these things in you, I know I have to. Another year and I can claim her to be mine. She was definitely worth the wait.
Over and out.
Sylvester.

Sylvester was surely out of quandary. He wasn't hoping that she would be his mate, he was waiting to tell everyone that she was- officially.

He was totally under her command, and it hurt to read on. But there was no way I could stop. My hand was already flipping to the next page before my heart thought against it.

7th January 2012
Dear Diary,
Tomorrow is the day I'll claim Lyn officially. Tomorrow I turn sixteen, the day I take on my Alpha duties. I've waited all my life for that day and now that it's tomorrow I don't know what to do with the different emotions. Hope tomorrow goes as planned.
Over and out.
Sylvester.

My hands shook as they turned the page over but before I could start reading my phone rang. I debated for a second, but picked up the phone anyway after seeing the caller ID.

"Hello?" I spoke closing the diary and placing it on the bed beside me.

"Hey, Delphi! Lola here," I heard Lola's excited voice through the receiver. "The guys and I were planning to head for a party tonight, what say?"

"I'd love to, but I have wor-" I paused glancing at the watch on the wall. "Oh shit!" I cursed loudly fumbling to find my work shirt.
"What happened?"

"Lola, I'll talk to you in a while. I'm quite late for my shift today and Sophia doesn't respect tardiness."
I hurriedly replied putting on my shoes.