Chapter 26: Darkness

Delphi's POV

Get out of my head, Sylvester. I muttered through the mindlink as I typed on the laptop.

But, it's such an interesting place. How long can you think of paperclips? He replied back.

For as long as you can snoop around my thoughts. I retorted.

You know, I never thought of paperclips to be so interesting.
Yes, I had been thinking about paperclips for the past twenty minutes. I had yet to master the technique of putting up a barrier in the mindlink. And Sylvester was taking full advantage of my weakness as he has been hearing in on my thoughts since he marked me.

Which I'm trying to not think about right now because I know someone would hear.

I don't like the way you are accusing me. He said.

I had finally found the way to block him out of my mind, hours of searching paid off certainly.
I concentrated on blocking him out and I think I did it as I didn't hear from him until I got a call.

"Hello?"
"You are no fun." He grumbled through the line.

"Yes, I am aware. But if you can shoo now, I have important issues to look into." I said as I flipped through the pages of the notes I had created.

"When are you moving in?" He asked, completely ignoring my previous attempt to be left alone.

"I don't know as yet. There is so much of packing to do," I trailed off seeing my room with it's haphazardly placed items.

"You know someone else can do that for you, right?"
"Yes, but there are some things I'd like to do myself. Besides, I have to go to work today anyway. I'll meet you tomorrow, I guess." I charted out.

"Tomorrow? That is too long a time. Why can't you stay over for the night?" He bargained.

"Fine. I'll drive back to the pack house after I'm done." I knew I wanted to be with him as much as he did with me, there was no use in arguing any further.

"I can come pick you up." He suggested.
"There is no need for that, I'll take my car anyway."

"Okay, see you tonight. I love you." He said.
"I love you too."

Yesterday night had been magical, as I can finally thing about it.
He asked me quite a few times to make sure that I was certain of my demands and I was. We both had accepted the bond building between us and I can understand how difficult it is for an Alpha to not claim his own mate.

We had laid under the vines, just enjoying each other presence and thanking the moon goddess that we could work out our differences.

A lot can be said by the way Sylvester treated me the night before.
I was his everything, I could see, but he had faith in me enough to let my independence survive. He didn't expect anything from me but yet it seemed I had exceeded his expectations already.

He truly is a dream come true. A mate every girl wishes for.

I went down to the living room to have a word with my parents.

"Mom- dad, I need to talk to you both." I stated seeing them both enjoying a cup of coffee.

"What is it?" Dad asked, giving me his full attention. I didn't know how to put this. I have lived with them my entire existence, they are the ones who gave me my life. And now leaving them, that has to be the worst thing I could've ever done.

"I-I," I stuttered, finding difficulty in forming coherent sentences.
"We know that you have to move to the pack house, Delphi. And we understand." Mom said pulling me into a warm hug.