Chapter 27: Battle Cry

Sylvester's POV

It started out as a spectacular day after I spoke to my mate in the morning ensuring that she would come and stay the night with me, then it led to talking.

It was perfect, she was perfect.
I was driving my way to college when I thought I'd take a small detour and say hi to Delphi. The library wasn't exactly on my route to the college but a few seconds spent on a good cause is no time wasted.

I thought of just going to meet her instead of calling her before I heard a soft, weak whisper through the mindlink.

Help. The unmistakable voice of Delphi sent shivers down my spine as I went over the worst case scenario.

Delphi? Are you okay? Where are you? I shot questions in hope of getting her attention but she didn't reply.
Jason, bring along the main warriors and meet me in the Library on Winston street. Immediately. I ordered through the pack link, as I pressed my foot on the gas.

I didn't know who to call, or what to do. I had hardly ever visited the Library at this part of town.
I sprinted across the parking lot infront of the library to read a closed sign on the door, panicking I dialed the first number I could relate the area to.

"Alpha Caleb?"
"Why have you called, Alpha Sylvester?"

"The library, which your pack owns. The one Delphi works in, when does it close?" I questioned, frantically.

"Why should I tell you?"

"It's no time to play games, Alpha. Delphi has sent for help and I've come to see that the library is closed. Could you help or not?" I demanded, shaking the lock if the library door.

"What are you talking about? Where is she?" He ignored my question and continued asking his own.

"I need you to focus, Alpha. Is it normal for it to close now?" I asked again, his recurring inquiries testing my patience.

"No, it doesn't close anytime actually. It's a 24 hours library. I'm reaching there in a while." He stated as I heard the noise of a car.

"Thank you." I breathed out and hung up.

"Alpha." Jason reported standing with the five main warriors of the pack, each specialist in their own stream.

"Alpha Caleb of the neighbouring pack would join us shortly, till then does anyone have ideas of where a group of illegal gangsters could take your Luna?" I had reached a state of uncontrollable panic. Never had I felt this kind of an animalistic urge to hunt down everyone of those who took her.

We all stood in silence as they worried for their missing Luna.
"Do you know any of these people, Alpha?" Trevor asked, hoping to break the stillness. I thought his question over when it struck me. I did know one person.

"Thank you, Trevor." I replied pulling out my phone.
"Mr. Chain. Where is your daughter?" I questioned.

"Sylvester?" He worded out.
"Alpha Sylvester to you." In my state of rage I didn't think it to be unfit to say something demeaning to a senior member of the society.

"What's going on?" He sensed the unease in my voice.
"Where is Merlyn, I won't ask again." My patience was running on an all time low.

"You, of all people, should know that Merlyn doesn't tell me her whereabouts, Alpha." He paused. "She mentioned a trip to the library, unusually."

His words didn't help but only strengthened my doubts, Merlyn had a great deal to do with what has occurred.

"Mr. Chain. I need you to help me." I said, an idea popping my mind.
He had no choice but to agree with my decision.