Chapter 19: Threatened

Sylvester's POV (poof)

I packed my deepest secrets in a purple box and gently placed a yellow rose over it. They weren't exactly secrets just, private thoughts that seemed rather embarrassing when reread years later. So, I had not read them, but I knew what they contained.

The two notes were neatly placed in their destined locations. I stared at the diary a while longer, it had everything in it. Petty reasons and abused powers all cramped up in those few pages. Why I had still kept this horcruxes in such close proximity was unclear to me.

I knew it wasn't enough to win Delphi over but it was a small step to open her mind to explanations. And if I had to start with bringing myself a little more down in her eyes, so be it.
When I had called Scott I hadn't known what to expect. I knew he would be the perfect person to go to for things about Delphi. He sure did know a lot about her and cared for her deeply.

Convincing him to help me wasn't that difficult a task but finding out how was.

When Scott said she liked meaningful things my heart raced thinking of the diary. I hadn't told Scott about what the diary had but he seemed to respect my privacy and didn't prey. Thankfully. It was already too much to have my mate read it, I wouldn't be able to look him in the eye if he did.

The diary had been the most interesting gift by my parents. They believed in saving my thoughts and feelings. Not that they were worth saving.

Reaching the small cottage I placed the box on the doorstep and hid in the dense forest beside, hoping to see her beautiful smile.

My reasons for doing the things I did were inexplicable but the diary was all I could think of. It had things I would never get myself to say out loud but things she needed to know.

Soon, it was time to go for my first hour class but Delphi hadn't come out yet. Leaving with a heavy heart but hopeful thoughts, I made my way to college.

The classes which at one point in time held my entire attention were now just ways to get my mind off my mate. Somehow, I made it through my first hour and second hour.

"Hey, Sylvester!" I heard someone call out my name as I made my way to my car.
"Hi, Jason." I greeted him, still restless.

"Where have you been these days, man? Haven't seen you in a while, expect in your office." He commented on my disappearance.

"You know where, working on undoing the past." I shrugged. Even though Jason was my best friend and my beta it was hard to share every detail with him though I knew he would understand perfectly. He was the one who sat me down the first day I had met Delphi. He couldn't believe what I had done. Mostly because he was with me through all my phases. He knew how I longed for a mate the most. He didn't understand why I did what I did and he was not afraid to point out my mistake.

"Yeah, want to come hang out with the guys?" He questioned gesturing towards our circle of friends.

"I have some obligations at the moment, I'll catch up with you guys later, okay?" I spoke apologetically but kept it short as the exigency to see Delphi increased.

"Right, sure. Call me if you need anything." He patted my shoulder and went back to the group of guys standing in the corner.
I sat in my car and drove to the same residence I had been frequently a lot in the past few days.

I rang the doorbell and waited patiently. Scott pulled open the door and invited me in.

"Any news?" I asked looking at him expectedly.
"No, actually. She hasn't contacted home or me recently. She ought to have seen the box by now, it's almost noon," I had checked my phone constantly throughout the day hoping to see any indication that she had acknowledged my effort to explain to her my dilemma.