Chapter 8: Trust

"When was your last visit, Delphi?"

"About a month ago." I replied monotonously.

"What caused this meeting?"

" I-I tried to end my l-life." I was still ashamed about what I had done. It was selfish and impulsive of me.

"Why did you do that?" My eyes were on the ground, counting the different abstract designs decorating the tiled flooring. I was not surprised by her casual voice.

It isn't my first visit there or the last.

"I wanted to go to Ethan. I miss him so much." My voice was strained and I squirmed under the attention she was giving me as she scribbled on her notepad, judging every word that left my mouth.

"It's been three months, Delphi. You need to understand, he is in a better place." Her voice, that under any other circumstances I would find relaxing, was familiar to my mind. It linked her tone to bad memories.

Her words angered me, I knew any such reaction would only prolong my unnecessarily visit.

"I understand. That is why I wanted to go to this better place." My voice sounded collected, making pride bubble in me. It had been a long road to get to where I was.

"What is wrong in this place?" Her continuous questions were starting to annoy me but I have learnt to control my emotions. Hide them.

"My mate rejected me at first. Now, he says he wants me back. He is also the one who saved me." I knew these few words did little to cover my entire story but I didn't want to share though not saying anything at all would ensure me a good two months in this hell hole.

"Have you talked to him? Now that he saved you, give him a chance?"

How could she so easily suggest that? I understand that my words didn't hold the reality of my pain but they held the word rejection. And to any werewolf who wasn't a recreant this word can very be a horror movie.

"I believe he hasn't earned it." I was taking deep breaths to maintain my calm.

"And what do you wish for him to do to earn it? Don't forget you are here because of him."

I was not forgetting that. He was the one who pushed me to this state.

He didn't know. Lyra whispered lowly. I knew she was right but it felt good to blame someone else.

"I will think on that."

"Okay, Delphi. Our time is up, I'll see you same time tomorrow."

"I'm glad you came, Delphi."

"I'm glad I came too. Thank you, Dr. Hannah." I smiled at the old lady sweetly. It is a forced smile but sometimes it's necessary. Fake it till you make it.

I found it funny how in movies they portrayed that the therapist to be an amazingly young woman who helped you all the time as she understood you perfectly.
In my reality, she was an old hag who was unaware of the youth.

Mom and Dad suggested that I visited Dr. Hannah again so that I could get the help I needed.

I was not mentally ill or anything. At times, I ran away from something that scared me or worried me. It w had been a problem since I was a child, Ethan helped me overcome it for a while.

But after his sudden death. I didn't have anyone to support me. I guess it was time to stand on my own.

The psychologist said that my supposed disease was not curable now, it was too late.