Siddharth

Siddharth's POV

I woke up much earlier today. I was unable to sleep properly, my mind wandered off to Ann. I don't know what happened to her. I just wish she was okay.

"Good morning Sid!" Saikat, my elder brother spoke as he walked to our breakfast table, panting heavily after a workout in our backyard. He sat across me, opening a bottle of water, and started to drink fast to quench his thirst. His dark brown hair looked a little messy while a few of the strands dripped in sweat fell on his forehead. His strong jawline looked even sharper with each passing day as the more he worked out. He has a tanned complexion as mine and we both share the same grey eyes like our mother's.

"Morning..." I replied, my voice a bit dull.

"What's the matter?" He asked, his voice concerned "You look worried !"

"Nothing !" I replied monotonously, as I scrolled through my phone. Checking on Ann's last seen on WhatsApp and on other social media platforms. Her last seen was still 3:35 p.m yesterday, she hasn't been online since then.

"Are you sure?" He asked as he took the newspaper and flipped through its pages.

"Yeah!" I replied to which he nodded and started reading the newspaper in his hand.

Saikat has always been more of a friend than a brother. We lost our parents in a car accident when we were young. He was 18 then and I was just 9. Dad was a businessman and after his death, my brother took over his whole business. He was still in college but much more mature than his age. He is the reason that our company is now one of the finest tea producers in the country. He always takes too much care of me. From my very childhood, he was my everything.

"What do you wanna have for breakfast? " Maria asked us. "Maria can you get us some cornflakes and milk and make it fast please." Bro requested her.

"Sure!" She replied and walked back to the kitchen to get our breakfast.

Maria is our cook. She has been there in the house before we were even born. She is in her early 40s, a bit chubby, and a very sweet woman. She takes care of us like our mother.

"Good morning boys!" I heard my 60 years old grandma wishing us while coming down the stairs. After we lost our parents she and Maria have been looking after us. They care for us like our parents.

"Morning grandma !" We both wished her while she sat comfortably on the dining chair.

Grandma and my brother started talking about our business affairs, shares in the market, etc, while Rahul helped Maria to serve us our breakfast. Rahul is our helper and takes care of everything in the house; from cleaning to shopping, he even acts as our chauffeur when needed. Sree is Rahul's wife and she also stays in our house to help Maria and Rahul with their work.

"Saikat do you want some fruits along with your breakfast?" Sree asked as she brought a cup of warm lemon tea for grandma, her voice so soft that sometimes it's even hard to hear. She is a very beautiful woman in her mid-20s with medium-length silky black hair which she keeps tied into a bun.

"Yeah sure!" my brother replied with a smile. Sree excused herself and went back to the kitchen to cut some fruits for us.

"You should add some more details about how we grow our tea!" Grandma spoke as she looked over at my brother's laptop. They all were talking about the new website that our company was going to launch.

Grandma has always been very jolly and full of life, even at 60, she could trek through mountains easily. After my parents were gone she was the one who taught my brother how to look after our business. They continued their discussion while my mind wandered off to how Ann was. What happened to her yesterday? Why did she look so scared? How is she now? Will she come to school today?  Were the only thoughts running in my mind.