Close to death

Ann's POV

I dodge back immediately and tried to run away. She became furious and caught my hair and dragged me inside the attic. I flinched in pain as I tried to get away from her clutch. She threw me to the floor, the cold hardwood thrust against my back, and lunged forward to stab me in the heart. My eyes widen in fear seeing the sharp knife as I moved my body in utter reflex barely managing any fatal blow but the knife cut through my skin below the rib cage.

I screamed in pain, as I struggled under her. She held the knife over me trying to stab me again while I tried to stop her with my hands. I shoved her pale hands away which resulted in her losing the knife in the darkness. She immediately caught hold of my throat to kill me and pinned me to the ground.

"Die now! You bitch!" She screamed choking me. Her death grip didn't allow me to breathe and I was coughing and gagging. I couldn't feel my face and my lips started becoming dry! I was losing my consciousness. I knew my life was near death, but I was not ready to give it up soon.

I tried my best to free myself from the death grip but her hands were too strong and cold. Finally, I managed to kick her at her stomach and she fell back, couching in pain. As she got away I tried to breathe, coughing roughly I crawled to get away. I got up on my feet taking support of walls, trying to balance my body, and as I was trying to run away she caught me by my leg and pulled me inside the attic. I fell down crying in pain and fear, yelling for someone to come to save me, but before anyone could come she threw me inside the darkroom and locked the door.

I landed on the ground with my head colliding with something strong. The pain in my body amplified. I felt weak but still, I got up and pounded hard on the door screaming on top of my lungs for some help. My voice cracked but no one came. What happened to sis and Pihu! Why aren't they coming to help me? I thought, my mind losing focus. What if Rita!! Has already hurt them! Are they okay? I asked myself tears building up in my eyes, with fear and agony. I immediately rubbed off the tears as I knew I had to get out of here and find them. I have to help them.

Why was Rita doing all these? What have we done to her? What if it's not RitaIs she possessed? Thousands of irrational questions rushed to my mind. I tried hard but the door didn't seem to even move an inch! As I turned around I found nothing but eternal darkness. I felt like I have gone blind. I started feeling claustrophobic. Darkness suffocated me. I felt like I am being buried alive. Like the whole world closed in and would collapse me within.

I felt wetness near my head. As I rubbed my hand over my forehead. I could understand there was a cut there and I was bleeding. By then I could feel my dress soaked with the blood from the deep cut below my rib cage. I tried to move forward but collapsed and fell on the ground, trembling with excruciating pain. The last thing I heard was a shrill cry from downstairs and I blacked out.

Siddharth's POV

"Hey, guys! Good morning" I wished my group as I walked inside my class.

"Hey, Sid! Have you seen Ann and Pihu?!" Sam asked as I took a seat beside him.

"Nope! Why? aren't they here yet?" I asked feeling strange cause Ann and Pihu never really miss school and if they do at least I would know. Ann would have texted me and let me know. She hasn't texted me anything and she didn't receive my call either today morning.

Is everything ok? I asked myself thinking real deep about what the matter could be.

"Sid!!" Ashis called out nudging me, catching me off-guard.